Free f1.2 lens

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
That's always fun with a new camera but tedious if you have to repeat it later. I'm hoping I can suck the settings out of my first mkii and squirt them into the new one somehow. Anyone done that?

I registered for the promo on the 3rd, still showing as being processed.
Can't you use Olympus Workspace Camera menu Custom settings Save/Load for that?

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
With the E-M1.3 (and maybe others?) you can even copy the settings on the OI.Share app and send them by email/Dropbox/WhatsApp or any other sharing method your phone supports ?

PeeBee

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I would have no problem with that, if they would be upfront about it and not write conflicting things on their promo website or in the terms and conditions. Panasonic was always very clear about that.

There may have been progress even if the website status hasn't been updated yet.

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
For safety I would see to that both cameras has the same FW revision before trying.
Agreed. This think mixing FW is prevented by the Workspace/OI.Share software in any case. Certainly the OI.Share app notes the FW revision number in the details:

56382A18-3E07-4774-8E71-AE095230647E.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
I like also that you can add notes and change the icon:

08C30702-B0D1-4080-A586-EAC6FFB1C620.png

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
And oh well... Amazon.de lowered their pre-order price to 1.029,62 € (not currently available) for the body. Including the 3% discount with their credit card and the 30 days return policy, I will then probably return the bodies to Olympus if they do not approve the status on time. No risk of them saying I will not be eligible for the lens because I used some coupons and I even save about 150 €. I will happily pay more if it goes through though now, since it is already a great deal. Also Amazon do cancel some deals after a while sometimes as well, although I do not think this one is one of those (amazon.es unfortunately cancelled my E-M5ii incl. 14-150ii lens for 538 €... after 2 1/2 months no less ?).

retiredfromlife

Mu-43 Legend
Crikey. Don't tell me that!
Interesting I cant see it at Digidirect, it maybe only via Olympus directly

Deal.jpg

Edit,
From looking at the Olympus site they are selling the EM1.2 for $2,499.00, a bit expensive but still a good deal if you want/need the body and lens

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom