Free f1.2 lens

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
This is offer looks too good to be true. Even if you are just after either the lens or the camera alone, selling the other one would offset you quite a bit of the costs. Bundle deals with E-M1 bodies and the f1.2 Pro zooms aren't exactly new, however most of the time it was just EUR 250-300 off the lens, not 100% off.

The offer is valid in Germany too:
https://shop.olympus.eu/de_DE/promo.html?id=14701
Too bad my financials are pretty tight this month, otherwise I would've bought the E-M1.2 just to get a highly discounted 17mm f1.2 - however the promotion is valid until Halloween.
Currently you can get a E-M1.2 new for around EUR 1300, the f1.2 Pro lenses *new* usually sell for between EUR 750 and 800 on ebay. Which means you'd pay just 500€ for the body alone if you are lucky. Vice versa the Pro lenses sell for around 1100€ around here new, an E-M1.2 on ebay in new condition also would easily sell for around 800€. Which means you'd get the lens for just 300€.

Last edited:

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
No-brainer it certainly is.

Unfortunately it is also a no-funder. I have run out of piggy-banks to break open and the children are now back at school so it's a little difficult to sell one of them without the school noticing. If only Olympus had done this in the school holidays - I'd have got away with it for a few weeks. It would have been easy to tell the missus that one of the kids was having a long sleep-over or something. Sigh.

Last edited:

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve
A set of 1.2 primes would be great. I'm just not sure I need an additional 3 x 1.2 bodies.

That is a great deal though.

moonraker

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Nigel
if it was for the mk3, I'd do it in an instant. I suspect they just want to shift all their old mk2 inventory.. I am still tempted though!

Ghostbuggy

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Phill
That's my guess too, they just recently had a few promotions in several countries for the E-M1.2, pretty sure they are clearing inventory this way.

pdk42

One of the "Eh?" team
That is a good deal. I expect it'll get a massive take-up. £1000 for the E-M1ii from regular UK retailers though.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
That is a good deal. I expect it'll get a massive take-up. £1000 for the E-M1ii from regular UK retailers though.

Yes - there's a lot of fine print - they list their authorised dealers - Amazon is missing.

EDIT: see down the page - it's not missing. I doubt marketplace sellers will count though.

Last edited:

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
You have to claim it from Olympus. I will sell my existing EM1 Mk2 when the new one arrives. Hence the ‘no brainier’ remark.
Ok, but which lens will you opt for 17,25 or 45mm in combination with the camera :)

elwappo99

Mu-43 Regular
It's also September 1st. Wonder if this is from Olympus, or JIP stepping in. Either way, as long as the price of the E-M1ii doesn't jump up this is a great deal. No sign on the US store.

dhazeghi

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Dara
Wow, excellent. Nice to see them doing something there (even if I am a little jealous), given the historically high prices they've had in the UK.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
Ok, but which lens will you opt for 17,25 or 45mm in combination with the camera :)

Probably the 25. I've got the 17, 45, 60 and the 75 - I may jettison the 45 or 75 and keep my existing EM1 MK2 body. Don't know yet - but I'm not someone who can just drop £1000 on a whim - something, either a lens or a body, will have to go.

Panolyman

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Brian
This may sound odd, but.....
To be honest, I could afford to take up this offer but I don't feel I have the competence to justify having these professional offerings.
My G7, OM5 Mk1 and OM10 Mk3 seem to cover my ability.
Someone please convince me it's something I should go for. :cautious:

Latest threads

Top Bottom