Free f1.2 lens

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
When I had a deal on a Panasonic camera, they only processed the discount/refund *after* the time period of the deal had expired, and then added another 14/30 days (don't remember) to be certain that people didn't return it 🤷🏻‍♀️ For me, it meant I had to wait almost 2 or 3 months for the partial refund (I think it was a 50 Euro savings deal) because I had purchased the camera at the beginning of the time period during which this offer was active.
Yes, I remember the Panasonic deals.... Usually around Black friday.... I ordered a G9 with that also and the 200 € came after 3~4 months or something. But they also made that quite clear in the beginning. Also the "bonus" was not that substantial as here with the PRO lens. The 200 € made the decision for the G9 easier, but was not the main reason for the buy. With the E-M1ii it is kind of triggered by the lens....

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
Have you thought that post through?
Hm... The bodies cost me a bit below 1.100 € each due to some coupons I had... If I can sell the body for 700-800 €, the lens would only have cost me less than 400 €. I can probably sell the 75mm for more than 400 €, since I just got it in July and it comes with full warranty and is like new. Also I will reconsider if I keep my well used G9 then. Somehow due to all those crazy Olympus sales I almost do not have any Panasonic lenses anymore. The EM1ii also gives me Sync IS with the 12-100, even though the lens is indeed very great on the G9. I will probably miss a few features on the G9 (stick, dedicated buttons), but I am not really a videographer so the EM1ii will be great and it's also a bit smaller.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Hm... The bodies cost me a bit below 1.100 € each due to some coupons I had... If I can sell the body for 700-800 €, the lens would only have cost me less than 400 €. I can probably sell the 75mm for more than 400 €, since I just got it in July and it comes with full warranty and is like new. Also I will reconsider if I keep my well used G9 then. Somehow due to all those crazy Olympus sales I almost do not have any Panasonic lenses anymore. The EM1ii also gives me Sync IS with the 12-100, even though the lens is indeed very great on the G9. I will probably miss a few features on the G9 (stick, dedicated buttons), but I am not really a videographer so the EM1ii will be great and it's also a bit smaller.
What you are saying makes perfect sense.

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
For anyone interested: The HLD-9 grip costs 171.84 € over at https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01MD0KTWU . Depending on your country's VAT the price might vary. I paid 167.76 € incl. shipping to Germany (we got a 3% VAT corona discount for the rest of 2020). Also sometimes amazon.es has a lower price for the BLH-1 batteries. Snatched up two for around 35 € each incl. shipping. Currently price is up again... but might be worth to keep an eye on it :)

For anyone interested: The HLD-9 grip costs 171.84 € over at https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B01MD0KTWU . Depending on your country's VAT the price might vary. I paid 167.76 € incl. shipping to Germany (we got a 3% VAT corona discount for the rest of 2020). Also sometimes amazon.es has a lower price for the BLH-1 batteries. Snatched up two for around 35 € each incl. shipping. Currently price is up again... but might be worth to keep an eye on it :)
I'm not interested in the grip, but can you share the link to the battery's? And do they work on the charger that came with the E-M1 Mark II?

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
I'm not interested in the grip, but can you share the link to the battery's? And do they work on the charger that came with the E-M1 Mark II?
It's the original battery, so they will work with the OEM charger: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01M4Q6P03. As I said the price is currently up again. But I did see that the price fluctuated a bit before the recent price drop as well (ordered on 8th September)...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's the original battery, so they will work with the OEM charger: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01M4Q6P03. As I said the price is currently up again. But I did see that the price fluctuated a bit before the recent price drop as well (ordered on 8th September)...

View attachment 846314
I will keep checking now and then.

Same thing with my Cokin filter. Amazon NL. Day 1 I put it in my basket for 79, the next day it was 139. Almost every day another price....

Real Name
Rob
When I first saw this, I had this idea I could sell the free lens and score an E-M1 ii for next to nothing.

But it turns out most retailers have put their body-only prices up to £1200. And it seems likely I could only get about £600 for selling a lens.
So I'd be looking at a 600 quid E-M1 ii, brand new.
This is probably a huge bargain.
But it's about 3x more than I've ever paid for any previous new m43 body (seriously).
...for features (weather sealing and great AF) that I'd use a handful of times per year.

There. I've cured that dangerous bout of GAS

...just need to keep repeating that...

MorningWalk

Mu-43 Regular
I got m
It is still a huge bargain compared to the EM1.3 and EM5.3, but harder to justify.

It's running for a good while yet. I think the prices will settle again once dealers realise they are shooting themselves in the foot.
I got my EM 1.2 last Friday and I took it for a hike to the country side and a stroll through the city this weekend. I just love this great little camera! I'll need some more time with the manual to get more out of it but it is pretty intuitive and getting started before RTFM is easy. When the 17/1.2 arrives the"bargain feeling" will be complete :)

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
I got m

I got my EM 1.2 last Friday and I took it for a hike to the country side and a stroll through the city this weekend. I just love this great little camera! I'll need some more time with the manual to get more out of it but it is pretty intuitive and getting started before RTFM is easy. When the 17/1.2 arrives the"bargain feeling" will be complete :)
Robin Wong's website/blog is a good place to start.

There are a number of published lists of recommended settings for the EM1 MK2, but Robin goes to the trouble of explaining why he believes various options are a good vs bad idea.

MorningWalk

Mu-43 Regular
Robin Wong's website/blog is a good place to start.

There are a number of published lists of recommended settings for the EM1 MK2, but Robin goes to the trouble of explaining why he believes various options are a good vs bad idea.
Thanks for the info. I follow Robin Wong's YouTube channel and his videos are very informative.
This forum is a very fine place also, it is good to hang around here. English is not my native language so I read more than I write but I appreciate the information that is shared by fellow M43 enthusiasts.

MorningWalk

Mu-43 Regular
Anybody got the status for their lens further than "being processed"? Mine didn't change since the first day. In the mean time I am enjoying the EM1.2 with the lenses I have.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom