Free f1.2 lens

stevedo

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Steve Douglas
Prices for the Mark 2 has come down again by approx USD 200 in Denmark.... the GAS itch is also back
When you're on your death bed which do you think you'll cherish the most:

a) The cash you didn't spend still showing on the balance in your bank account.
b) The memories/images you managed to capture with that Olympus camera you bought all those years ago.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
When you're on your death bed which do you think you'll cherish the most:

a) The cash you didn't spend still showing on the balance in your bank account.
b) The memories/images you managed to capture with that Olympus camera you bought all those years ago.
Not disagreeing in fact I try to Iive by that philosophy as much as possible, but the 3 cameras I already own should cover me in terms of being able to capture the important moments. The challenge for me is what will bring me the most fun doing so... the Mark 2 with the 25 or 45 Pro or the Mark 3 :)

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
I just got a mail from DPD in my mailbox. I kept wondering what the hell I had ordered now on the internet. Than I just realized it might be the free 1.2 lens which is on it's way....

Last edited:

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
Prices for the Mark 2 has come down again by approx USD 200 in Denmark.... the GAS itch is also back
Time is running out on this offer - ends at the weekend I think ?
Prices probably coming back down to reflect this and dealers trying to avoid leftover stock which will be harder to sell without the offer
I would go for it - this one will probably never come around again :thumbup:

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
Already had a 17mm 1.2 PRO and 1.8, after seeing David Thorpe opinions on both 17mm lenses. Not normally my focal length, but think he spot on with 17 and 45, and 1.8’s go very well with EPL and EM10 bodies. More usually for me, using 25mm and 45mm focal length, for portraits and pets.

Bought 17mm Pro a couple of months ago, as saw it at a crazy price - first shots, immediately thought WOW. The 17mm has something, pop, sharpness, separation, blur. Haven’t taken it outside yet, but have shot portraits, restaurant food, and small products.

This month, Took advantage of the Lens Promotion, to get an E-M1 II and claim the 45mm PRO. BUT I think, the EM1 II might have a problem with the front dial.

It’s got a stiff vague feel, with poor tactile response. The rear dial feels fine, quick and precise. But the front feels completely different, mushy and horrible. Both sound just as loud in action. My EM1 i had rear dial fail, but both dials feel the same.

Could a rubber seal be out of place, or is there an internal adjustment for tension ?? If weather seal is fitted wrong, might it leak in the shower ?? Any thoughts ??
I don’t think you should be taking it in the shower with you - leave it outside and it’ll be fine :biggrin:

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
:2thumbs:
Just a heads up to anyone still considering this offer or for those previously unaware -OFFER EXPIRES IN 4 days ON 31/10/20
Prices on the EM1/2 to qualify for a free F1.2 Lens May drop a little as the offer comes to an end ?

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Just a heads up to anyone still considering this offer or for those previously unaware -OFFER EXPIRES IN 4 days ON 31/10/20
Prices on the EM1/2 to qualify for a free F1.2 Lens May drop a little as the offer comes to an end ?
I am still considering whether to make the move or not... dont think prices will drop further though

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
I don’t think you should be taking it in the shower with you - leave it outside and it’ll be fine :biggrin:
LOL
I was told, problem with Mark I dials was caused by users dirty dials, and that had to keep them clean. Just assumed to do same with Mark II ...

Although, that didn’t explain how rear dial failed on a brand new EM1. I have used Canon Pro bodies in light rain showers, ultimately had intended same for EM1’s if ever using professionally.

For Mark II front dial, Olympus Support has said different feel is normal, that Mark II front dial was designed to be more smooth. They said, similar feedback had meant with the E-M1 MKIII a more firm definition between clicks was provided (like the Mark I, I thought to myself). So officially my font dial is smooth, and my rear dial has more definition ;)

Would love to know why they experimented with Mark II, above explanation gave no reason why. I’m reminded of vague button feel (weather proofing) on first em5 - having improved it on Mark 2/3, why would they want to go back.

Flip out screen back to tilt, is only other thing I’d change about design of Mark II. Oh, and ability to create new folders in camera- I assume like other prior Oly’s, Mark II won’t let me create new shooting folders on the SD cards, am yet to try. Need to test it all thoroughly as box was poorly packaged and arrived with some damage, including inner camera and lens supports being torn/dented, suggesting an impact.

Last edited:

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
My status still says “invalid proof of purchase” and “under review”. It’s coming up to 4 weeks now.

Some others buying from John Lewis have had similar problem, without further explanation. Maybe Olympus didn’t like the hotUKdeals aspect.

Haven’t heard anything in several weeks now, except to confirm receipt of sent files. I supplied, original John Lewis letter stating ‘this is your receipt’ with all requested details, delivery note and separate VAT Invoice.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
My status still says “invalid proof of purchase” and “under review”. It’s coming up to 4 weeks now.

Some others buying from John Lewis have had similar problem, without further explanation. Maybe Olympus didn’t like the hotUKdeals aspect.

Haven’t heard anything in several weeks now, except to confirm receipt of sent files. I supplied, original John Lewis letter stating ‘this is your receipt’ with all requested details, delivery note and separate VAT Invoice.
In Denmark there is a list on the Olympus webpage which states which dealers are accepted as official Olympus dealers which I believe is a requirement for getting the lens? Did you check the list in your country to see if the dealer is an official Olympus dealer?

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
Is John Lewis on the official list?
They were on Official List - however Olympus’ own links seem to be disappearing and changing now (usual towards end of an offer, sometimes claims forms disappear before deadline expires - over eager website admins setting content flags).

Will try to find it again, the T&C’s links don’t say (now).
e.g. https://bonus.olympus.eu/terms-and-conditions-promotion/?country_promotion=2 - gives http 404 error.

I have screen shot saying, “In addition to our PRO dealers, we will accept claims from the authorised stockists listed above. Please always check stock on your chosen retailer’s website or call before travelling as these stores tend only to carry a limited range.”, specifically relating to John Lewis, as one of stockists listed above this statement.

FOUND IT - https://www.olympus-imagespace.co.uk/pro-dealer-locator - scroll most of way down, to “Other Authorised Olympus Stockists”.

Last edited:

Dinobe

Mu-43 Veteran
They were, however, Olympus own links seem to be disappearing and changing now
If you can, try to get proof (screenshot) that John Lewis is on the official dealer list and file an complaint.... hope is works out for you

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
If you can, try to get proof (screenshot) that John Lewis is on the official dealer list and file an complaint.... hope is works out for you
Will do that. Have uploaded screenshot of dealer list eligibility, and will look for best approach/contact to file complaint. Thx.

Olympus has been sending out e-mails also reminding about the soon to end promotion. Personally I doubt we'll see a similar deal again to be honest. I am not sure whether the E-M1 Mark II is actually still being produced or not, but my guess is they more or less tried to lower the existing inventory by that offer. While prices for individual items might get a bit lower in the future, the combined prices for new stock won't match the promotion deal in my opinion. Since I doubt we'll see any of the f1.2 Primes going for under 700€ without any discounts.
I'm pretty sure though, we'll see another lens promotion later this year.

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
I did it - it was just too good an offer to not go for :) so mark ii is on my desk and a request for the 45mm has been sent... now we only need the rain to stop so I can go out and shoot (I know the camera is weather resistant but I am not)

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom