Free f1.2 lens

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
Quite some of those lenses are already appearing on marketplaces like ebay and the price battle seems to be starting. Currently looking at a brand new 17mm Pro for 700€ from that promotion.

Does anybody know how warranty is handled? Usually Olympus requests a proof of purchase copy when you want to make warranty claims, on MyOlympus you can actually upload those copies when you register a product. Does Olympus supply any proof of purchase with the promotion lenses?
Hm.. it was just the lens delivered. I could imagine that they might be so nice to help out with the warranty on a goodwill basis if you are the original buyer, but I am not sure if they have a legal obligation to do that since it was basically a gift? Good question..

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
For anyone wondering about warranties, I've just received an unsolicited email from Olympus thanking me for participating in their offer and confirming that my invoice date as far as warranty is concerned is the date of purchase of my camera. The email also gives me a reference number and is linked to the serial number of my lens.

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
loads of those free lenses now showing up on eBay.
They'll be gone soon enough. Plenty of f1.2 pro primes out there is good for the system and gives people more options - and the cheaper the better - this stuff is not an 'investment'. Many people don't take their photography outside of the 14-42.

Robstar1963

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Robert (Rob)
For anyone wondering about warranties, I've just received an unsolicited email from Olympus thanking me for participating in their offer and confirming that my invoice date as far as warranty is concerned is the date of purchase of my camera. The email also gives me a reference number and is linked to the serial number of my lens.
PS it also advises that you should keep a copy of the letter to be used with regard to any service enquiries

comment23

mu-43 frequent flyer
Real Name
Simon
Probably best to just upload it at the same time when registering the product. Probably together with the invoice :D
Agree, although you can only upload a single file per product. I chose to upload a pdf of the email received from Olympus today regarding the lens rather than the receipt for the camera from the retailer. In any case, the file relating to the camera can be uploaded against that product.

drknaim

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Tim
Agree, although you can only upload a single file per product. I chose to upload a pdf of the email received from Olympus today regarding the lens rather than the receipt for the camera from the retailer. In any case, the file relating to the camera can be uploaded against that product.
Or merge the email and invoice PDFs haha ;D And I put the invoice and email into the respective boxes already :D

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I finally got a chance to try my 45 out......

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
Already had a 17mm 1.2 PRO and 1.8 versions, after seeing David Thorpe opinions on both 17mm lenses. Not normally my focal length, but think he spot on with 17 and 45 1.8’s as light 2 lens kit, and the 1.8’s go very well with EPL and EM10 bodies. More usually for me, using 25mm and 45mm focal length, for portraits and pets on m43, and kit lens for travel.

Bought 17mm Pro a couple of months ago, as saw it at a crazy price - first shots, immediately thought WOW. The 17mm 1.2 has something, pop, sharpness, separation, blur. Haven’t taken it outside yet, but have shot portraits, restaurant food, and small products.

This month, Took advantage of the Lens Promotion, to get an E-M1 II and claim the 45mm PRO. BUT I think, the EM1 II might have a problem with the front dial.

It’s got a stiff vague feel, with poor tactile response. The rear dial feels fine, quick and precise. But the front feels completely different, mushy and horrible. Both sound just as loud in action. My EM1 i had rear dial fail, but both dials feel the same.

Could a rubber seal be out of place, or is there an internal adjustment for tension ?? If weather seal is fitted wrong, might it leak in the shower ?? Any thoughts ??

Last edited:

RichardC

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Richard
Already had a 17mm 1.2 PRO and 1.8, after David Thorpe opinions on both 17mm lenses. Not normally my focal length, but think he spot on with 17 and 45, and 1.8’s go very well with EPL and EM10 bodies. More usually for me, using 25mm and 45mm focal length, for portraits and pets.

Bought 17mm Pro a couple of months ago, as saw it at a crazy price - first shots, immediately thought WOW. The 17mm has something, pop, sharpness, separation, blur. Haven’t taken it outside yet, but have shot portraits, restaurant food, and small products.

Took advantage of the Lens Promotion, to get an E-M1 II and the 45mm PRO. BUT I think, the EM1 II might have a problem with the front dial. It’s got a stiff vague feel, with poor tactile response. The rear dial feels fine, quick and precise. But the front feels completely different, mushy and horrible. Both sound just as loud in action. My EM1 i had rear dial fail.

Could a rubber seal be out of place, or is there an internal adjustment for tension ?? Any thoughts ??
There is a small difference in positivity between the dials on my older EM1/2 - the rear dial is more 'clicky' but not much difference.

There is a bigger disparity between front and rear dials on my new EM1/2 - the front one definitely has softer click stops. Rear dial feels the same as my earlier body.

I haven't noticed it before. So long as both function, it's not something I will lose sleep over.

Only thing you can do is compare it to another new body and then make a decision whether or not to get it looked at.

PeeBee

Mu-43 All-Pro
I have my new EM1.2 to hand, and I would also say the rear dial has more defined clicks. Whilst the front dial feels softer, the camera responds perfectly to it’s movement.

CMYK

Mu-43 Rookie
ThankQ RichardC and PeeBee.
Mine was new in box, but battery dates it couple years. Guess that counts as an old one. Was thinking of driving to check out another example, not so sure it will be any different now - should probably save the petrol.
Does seem curious (strange) to me, if/why difference was a deliberate move by Olympus. Had an EM1/i, em10/i, em10/ii and an em10/iii to compare, front/rear dials on each of these feel identical (meaning both dials feel same as each other on each camera, a matched pair).

Last edited:

StefanKruse

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Stefan
Prices for the Mark 2 has come down again by approx USD 200 in Denmark.... the GAS itch is also back

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom