Free Download - My ebook about DMC-G3 Settings - First Installment

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by rgeorge911, May 6, 2012.

1. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012
    For any G3 users out there, I have posted the first installment of an ebook I'm putting together about how I set up and use my Lumix G3.

I go through detailed settings, and explain not only how I set them, but why. You may not agree with my settings, but at least you'll know what you're arguing against!

I hope some of you find it useful:

DMC-365 - My Year with Lumix Camera Equipment: Free! My First Installment of an ebook on How to Set Up Your DMC-G3!

The second installment will be out soon, with detailed settings for each menu.

My Lumix Blog:
    • Like Like x 14
  2. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Reed, keep it up! very nice of you to share...
  3. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Thanks! Some good stuff there, some of which is applicable to both my G3 and GH2. Looking forward to the second installment.
  4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Cool, thanks for sharing! Looks to be a nice resource. I don't have a G3 (yet?) but I saved it anyways..I have no doubt I'll have one of those new panasonic bodies in the next little while.
  5. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012
    • Like Like x 7
  6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Reed, thanks very much. I have a G3 that I'm going to put on long-term loan to a friend, so I'm going to use your settings as a starting point for him. And I just acquired a used GH2, so I'll get that setup established as well. Great timing!
  7. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Great work mate. Appreciate it (as a GX1 user it's quite useful)
    • Like Like x 1
  8. rgeorge911

rgeorge911 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2012

Hope it helps your friend!

My Lumix Blog:
  9. Old Picker

Old Picker Mu-43 Regular

Feb 19, 2012
    Cwmbran Wales UK
    Many thanks. Great help.
    Old Picker
  10. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011

11. BarefootPilgrim

BarefootPilgrim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Westchester, IL
    Great stuff, Reed! Gonna try these with my G2 during the coming week (if I can put the E-M5 aside long enough to shoot with something else :biggrin: )
  12. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Thank you! Good job!
  13. AnttiV

AnttiV Mu-43 Regular

Apr 19, 2012
    From Chapter 2 PDF:
    Note: At least in my camera, THIS IS WRONG. In my Camera, iA mode is ALWAYS toggle, the setting only controls the time you have to keep the iA button pressed to switch on the mode. Single press is just "click" and hold setting only sets iA mode when the button is pressed for (I'd say) 2 seconds. Otherwise iA mode is identical with both settings, you DON'T have to keep it pressed while taking the exposure. I keep it at "hold" just so that I don't accidentally switch on iA mode while holding the camera.

ps. LOVELY Blog, I followed it even before I got my own G3. Magnificent job.