1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Free Adobe CS2 containing Photoshop.

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by lenshoarder, Jan 7, 2013.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
  2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    It's the one that I have.

3. bengtb

bengtb Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 7, 2013
    If you have a Mac you need a PowerPC Mac or one with a PowerPC emulator to install and run this old version. The last two versions of Mac OS X does no longer support PowerPC emulation.

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Is the site down? I'm getting a 'site are temporarily unavailable'. I guess their servers are hit hard but I'm hoping this wasn't a temporary promotion or mistake.

5. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
  6. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Excellent find, thanks! :thumbup:

7. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    More recent updates indicates that it was a mistake..should be for existing owners only. Just as well I missed it I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

8. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Yeah, they seem to have really mis-represented what was going on (even C-net and Forbes were initially listing, along with reddit freebies, etc). It is now "officially" listed as only being for users who have valid CS2 licences, but because they took down the authentication servers, need another way to use the product they paid for. Going to wait and see what road Adobe goes down. Hopefully, they will re-list them for actually free this time, as a good PR move, and to get people to want to buy their newer suite (as it is about 4 generations ahead). Otherwise, they basically gave the software away without any way to check if they users already had a copy (especially since direct downloads are reportedly still working, even though the linking site was taken down).

9. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    It does seem a bit petty to remove it now after they goofed. I mean, how many people are actually going to buy cs2 these days...not exactly leaving a lot of money on the table I'm sure. It would be a nice move to release this outdated version for free to drum up new business and an upgrade path for those users to their current products.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

10. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I have CS5, so I didn't need CS2 - but some of the other components were useful for my church computer.