Fraudster back in buy and sell

WT21

Mu-43 Legend
Please be aware that it seems the fraudster is back from last week in buy and sell

https://www.mu-43.com/threads/em1-mk2-ships-us-440.111769/#post-1487670

He is insisting on F&F and using the same MO as last week.

All members - please consider updating your passwords, as this person is somehow hijacking user accounts. I am sure mine is next probably, for my impudence in calling him out here.

Just in case - I HAVE NOT INTENTION IN SELLING ANY GEAR IN THE NEAR TERM. So if you see a post from me, you know it's not real :)

Change your password by clicking on your username in the top right, then clicking on Password and Security.

B0syxMh.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Thanks for the mention, just set up 2FA with email (peeps can't get into my email without access to my phone).

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thanks for the mention, just set up 2FA with email (peeps can't get into my email without access to my phone).
Not to be Debby Downer, but an authenticator app is much more secure because it is actually tied to your physical phone via the security chip built into the phone. Where as your email can be hacked in the same ways that people are losing control of their accounts here. Hackers don't need your phone, they just need to get into your email. Same with receiving a text. While many think that this is tied to the physical phone it is actually tied to your phone number, which can be "SIM swapped" away from you.

L0n3Gr3yW0lf

Dad Pun Joke Master Over Nine Thousand Meme Lord
Real Name
Ovidiu
Not to be Debby Downer, but an authenticator app is much more secure because it is actually tied to your physical phone via the security chip built into the phone. Where as your email can be hacked in the same ways that people are losing control of their accounts here. Hackers don't need your phone, they just need to get into your email. Same with receiving a text. While many think that this is tied to the physical phone it is actually tied to your phone number, which can be "SIM swapped" away from you.
Not to be nosy but I have 2FA on my email account and I it can't be open without 2 of my devices that need OS approval and both my devices are locked by password, pin and biometrics and I have a 24 hour lock on my devices where if there is no activity it requires at least 2 of the security methods to be used to get in ... Though nothing is impregnable ... Hence i use an off hand bank account and card that is not being used online under no circumstances and I transferred money from that to by other bank account that I do use online :)

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
Not sure if this is possible now with Google's Authenticator but I use Twilio's Authy app as it can be used on multiple devices and is synchronised. If you use multiple devices this may be a handy feature.

JLGF1

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jerry
Not sure if this is possible now with Google's Authenticator but I use Twilio's Authy app as it can be used on multiple devices and is synchronised. If you use multiple devices this may be a handy feature.

I may not be clear on this, but I did peruse the Authy FAQ. Are you saying that you personally use Authy with GMail? I currently just use Google 2FA, but the Authy app sounds cool.

Aushiker

Super Moderator
Real Name
Andrew
I may not be clear on this, but I did peruse the Authy FAQ. Are you saying that you personally use Authy with GMail? I currently just use Google 2FA, but the Authy app sounds cool.

I have Authy set up for GMail (there is nothing fancy about your choice of application) but my default for Google which includes GMail is their notification that pops up on my devices. It is not Google Authenticator.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom