Framed Image - Shadow Reduction

stringshifter6

Mu-43 Rookie
Hello all,

I was hoping to get some advice for a work assignment. I shoot part time for a gallery in Los Angeles. I help them provide pictures of their stock for customers and their website.

I shoot mostly framed pieces of art. Lighting is very limited in terms of what I can move around and space is limited in the photography area. All of the lighting comes from the top and we've managed to make it as evenly lit as possible. However, since the lighting is from the top, a shadow from the frame is visible. Is there a way to work around this beyond attempting to repair in post production? I appreciate any and all advice! Thanks.

Here's a sample image:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wisertime

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Steve
I kinda think it looks more 3d w/shadows and shows there is some depth, but you could use reflectors to lessen the shadows. or diffuse the light with a sheer piece of white cloth. Not expert advice, but my $.02

stringshifter6

Mu-43 Rookie
Thank you for the advice. Reflectors would be placed at the bottom of the wall? I don't have too much experience with them.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom