Frame number on screen?

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Does anyone know if it is possible on the EM1-mk2, to change the "remaining frames" counter to display the file number.
The reason behind this, is when I take a pic, I want to know where in the mass of pics that I shot, that particular frame is.
On a film camera, I would simply note frame #xx, ie frame #15.
I would like to be able to do similar with digital. example, frame 1234, award X to person Y. That would make it a LOT easier to find specific shots that I take.
The only thing that I can think of doing is, to take a pic of a numbered flip card just before or after a particular shot, as a visual marker, to find that shot.

I tried both RTFM, and did a search of the forum, but did not find anything.

Mountain_Man_79

Brannigan’s Law is like Brannigan’s love
Real Name
Chris
Weird. I was just looking at one of my film cameras and wished it told me how many shots I had left instead of what frame number I was on (can’t remember if I put 24 or 36 exposure film in).

On topic though, I don’t believe it’s possible to change that display, however as another possible solution, you could use the voice record memo feature on the exact frame you want to mark.

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
Does anyone know if it is possible on the EM1-mk2, to change the "remaining frames" counter to display the file number.
The reason behind this, is when I take a pic, I want to know where in the mass of pics that I shot, that particular frame is.
On a film camera, I would simply note frame #xx, ie frame #15.
I would like to be able to do similar with digital. example, frame 1234, award X to person Y. That would make it a LOT easier to find specific shots that I take.
The only thing that I can think of doing is, to take a pic of a numbered flip card just before or after a particular shot, as a visual marker, to find that shot.

I tried both RTFM, and did a search of the forum, but did not find anything.
You can change the display using the INFO button in display/review/playback mode to cycle through a number of choices. One of these displays the last four digits of the file name.

Also in display/review/playback mode, you can press the OK button to bring up a sub-menu that has a microphone icon at the bottom. Arrow down to this, then select it (OK). This turns on the recorder. Record your label, then press OK again to end recording. The .WAV file will have the same filename as the original image file.

HTH.

RAH

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Rich
Also in display/review/playback mode, you can press the OK button to bring up a sub-menu that has a microphone icon at the bottom. Arrow down to this, then select it (OK). This turns on the recorder. Record your label, then press OK again to end recording. The .WAV file will have the same filename as the original image file.
Looks like a really useful idea, John. With the E-M1.3 (I assume it can also do this), turning on/off the mike looks like a perfect candidate for the MyMenu facility.

Edit: I checked - it cannot be used as a MyMenu entry. Oh well, it's easy enough to get to it once you know it exists!

Last edited:

ac12

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
You can change the display using the INFO button in display/review/playback mode to cycle through a number of choices. One of these displays the last four digits of the file name.

HTH.

I FOUND IT :)

I have to hit "playback" to see the frame number. In shoot mode, it is remaining frames.
Better than nothing, which is what I had.

THANK YOU

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom