Four-thirds 12-60mm walkabout

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Mellow, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    I finally got to take my new/old 4/3 12-60mm out for a spin tonight. My first impressions: (a) this is not a small lens! and (b) wow, great IQ. I could definitely feel it weighing me down after an hour hanging on my wrist (with the OM-D). Maybe a better grip would make it a little more comfortable to carry one-handed. All in all, I see it as a specialty lens, not something that's likely to replace my beloved Panny 14-45mm. But if I'm driving through Yellowstone National Park it'd be darn near perfect.

For the most part I let it auto-focus, which wasn't exactly snappy but never took more than 1/2 second. Painful to hear it grinding to a stop, though.

Some shots. Comments and critiques are always welcome. Photo #3 was taken wide-open @ f/2.8 and it shows really mushy corners, which surprised me. Stopping down a tad improves things dramatically.

TJ200001. TJ200009. TJ200017. TJ200014. TJ200036. TJ200021.

2. MAubrey

MAubrey Photographer

Jul 9, 2012
    Bellingham, WA
    Mike Aubrey
    I'm still hoping for a native version...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.