1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Four third lenses aperture blades on E-P2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by hellowin, May 4, 2010.

1. hellowin

hellowin New to Mu-43

May 4, 2010
    Hi, I'm Edwin, a new member in this forum, I just bought my own E-P2, I also owned E-620 DSLR.
    My new E-P2 came with 14-42mm kit lens, and I also bought the MMF-1 adapter, so I can use this new baby with my older four third lenses :wink:
    Then I notice, that when using my older four third lenses (all of them: 25mm pancake, 50mm macro, 12-60mm SWD and 50-200mm SWD), I see that the aperture blades of these lenses always react when I point my E-P2 to brighter light. The aperture seems to be closing in -excuse my English- (getting smaller).
    Is this a normal thing with the PEN series? Especially E-P2?
    I would be grateful for all your replies.
    Thanx before :2thumbs:

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    Hello Edwin, and welcome to the home of m4/3rds :friends:

Yes, that's entirely normal for the E-P2 (and the Panasonic bodies do it also to a lesser degree). I think it's to do with the live view levels.

Cheers

Brian

3. hellowin

hellowin New to Mu-43

May 4, 2010
    Thanx Brian, that's what I thought so, something to do with the live view, to protec the sensor maybe, but I have to make sure 'bout this, since when I try the live view system on my E-620, this thing never happen to me.
    Thanx alot man.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello Edwin and welcome - you have found a great site to learn and share.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.