found the perfect bag for gf1 plus 20

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
the terraclime 50 from lowepro.

it fits the camera perfectly with lens attached and when the camera is out the bag can fit into a pocket if you wanted.

a great combo for a one camera/lens outing.

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
how often would you use the latch?
put the camera in and then latch it, take the camera out...shoot for awhile...put the camera in, latch it...go home.

i also use the terraclime 100 and the found the latch system pretty easy to use after a while.

Muntz

Mu-43 Regular
This bag fits the E-P1 + 20mm + VF-1 perfectly as well. I use it eveyday.

The E-P1 + 14-42mm also fits; but, it is a little snugger.

How much can you fit into the 100? I have a Terraclime 30 as well, which allows me to carry an additional lens; but, means I need to carry two bags.

I just wish they had made the latch longer on these bags. You lose almost half the depth of bag when you latch it.

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
i can put my 2 rd1s with lenses attached plus another 1 or 2 lenses plus cards, batteries etc into the 100.
i use domke inserts.

LisaO

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Lisa
The latch keeps the gear secure, I didn't get the feeling of security with that latch, I am always in and out of my bag. I prefer either velcro, a zipper or leather straps (i.e. Billingham).

how often would you use the latch?
put the camera in and then latch it, take the camera out...shoot for awhile...put the camera in, latch it...go home.

i also use the terraclime 100 and the found the latch system pretty easy to use after a while.

franklyspeaking

Mu-43 Regular
i can put my 2 rd1s with lenses attached plus another 1 or 2 lenses plus cards, batteries etc into the 100.
i use domke inserts.
Same here. I use inserts and then I can throw the inserts in any bag I own. A Timbuk2 Messenger is my favorite bag because it does well in the weather.
Another good cheap option is an old paratrooper bag like this one:

Amazon.com: Israeli Paratrooper Shoulder Bag: Clothing

I use this when I don't need to carry much. It will still hold a laptop and domke inserts though.

flipGTO

Mu-43 Regular
How is the padding on the Terraclime? I think my Crumpler Bundle bag is a pretty snug fit for my GF1 w/ 20mm, but I'm always looking for something better.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

andafly

New to Mu-43
Same here. I use inserts and then I can throw the inserts in any bag I own. A Timbuk2 Messenger is my favorite bag because it does well in the weather.

I use this when I don't need to carry much. It will still hold a laptop and domke inserts though.
I love Timbuk2 messenger bag as well and am looking forward buying one to carry my GF1 + 20mm + 14-140mm.

What's the model of the Domke insert you use for your Timbuk2 when carrying cameras?

My concern is that I am actually getting the XS size of Timbuk2 Classic Messenger (I've already had a Small size one and it's a bit too big for me - I'm 5'2" tall...) Considering the size of GF1 kit, I think XSmall is good enough. I'm just not sure where to find a good insert for it since all the inserts I've seen are quite tall and big...

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

back alley

Mu-43 Regular
i use the small inserts made for the f6 domke bag...but i cut them down and duck tape the tops where the cut was made...looks ugly but it works.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom