found the perfect bag for gf1 plus 20

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by back alley, Apr 22, 2010.

1. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    the terraclime 50 from lowepro.

it fits the camera perfectly with lens attached and when the camera is out the bag can fit into a pocket if you wanted.

a great combo for a one camera/lens outing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    The bag itself is nice but, I didn't like the latch on that bag.

3. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    how often would you use the latch?
    put the camera in and then latch it, take the camera out...shoot for awhile...put the camera in, latch it...go home.

i also use the terraclime 100 and the found the latch system pretty easy to use after a while.

4. Muntz

Muntz Mu-43 Regular

Apr 23, 2010
    Canada
    This bag fits the E-P1 + 20mm + VF-1 perfectly as well. I use it eveyday.

The E-P1 + 14-42mm also fits; but, it is a little snugger.

How much can you fit into the 100? I have a Terraclime 30 as well, which allows me to carry an additional lens; but, means I need to carry two bags.

I just wish they had made the latch longer on these bags. You lose almost half the depth of bag when you latch it.

5. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    i can put my 2 rd1s with lenses attached plus another 1 or 2 lenses plus cards, batteries etc into the 100.
    i use domke inserts.

6. LisaO

LisaO Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 18, 2010
    New York Metro Area
    Lisa
    The latch keeps the gear secure, I didn't get the feeling of security with that latch, I am always in and out of my bag. I prefer either velcro, a zipper or leather straps (i.e. Billingham).

7. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

hi guys, thanks for sharing the tip, do you think the G1 + 20mm would squeeze into the terraclime 50?

8. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    fits well, easy in and out.

(i just tried it)

• Like Like x 1
  9. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Same here. I use inserts and then I can throw the inserts in any bag I own. A Timbuk2 Messenger is my favorite bag because it does well in the weather.
    Another good cheap option is an old paratrooper bag like this one:

Amazon.com: Israeli Paratrooper Shoulder Bag: Clothing

I use this when I don't need to carry much. It will still hold a laptop and domke inserts though.

10. vincechu

vincechu Mu-43 Regular

Thanks backalley - looks like i'll have to order one soon ;-)

11. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
  12. flipGTO

flipGTO Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    How is the padding on the Terraclime? I think my Crumpler Bundle bag is a pretty snug fit for my GF1 w/ 20mm, but I'm always looking for something better.
    P4230207.
    P4230208.

13. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    no padding at all in the terraclime bags.

14. andafly

andafly New to Mu-43

Apr 24, 2010
    I love Timbuk2 messenger bag as well and am looking forward buying one to carry my GF1 + 20mm + 14-140mm.

What's the model of the Domke insert you use for your Timbuk2 when carrying cameras?

My concern is that I am actually getting the XS size of Timbuk2 Classic Messenger (I've already had a Small size one and it's a bit too big for me - I'm 5'2" tall...) Considering the size of GF1 kit, I think XSmall is good enough. I'm just not sure where to find a good insert for it since all the inserts I've seen are quite tall and big...

Any suggestion is highly appreciated!

15. back alley

back alley Mu-43 Regular

Feb 21, 2010
    i use the small inserts made for the f6 domke bag...but i cut them down and duck tape the tops where the cut was made...looks ugly but it works.