found a grip for lx100

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by stastrav, Apr 4, 2016.

1. stastrav

stastrav Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 20, 2011
    I was using my lx100 for the last month as my "EDC" camera. I really love the size to features and image quality ratio of this camera. Not sure there is anything else that is really comparable to this camera for my needs.
    But as all the cameras - the lx100 is not perfect. One of the gripes I had with it, is that it was too small for me, lacking the reassuring feeling when you have a good grip on your camera. I've been using those third party grips (the l plate with the metallic grip on the front, with arca tripod head support) on all my mirror-less cameras - EM5, X-E1, X-E2.

But enough with the intro. I had one of those grips laying around for the X-T10 that I purchased (and returned because the X-E2 with FW 4.0 is all I really need). I thought that the size of the X-T10 and the Lx100 shouldn't be very different, and tried screwing the XT10 grip onto the lx100. It didn't fit. BUT - I noticed that if I file away some of the top portion of the grip - it will. And it did... :) well kinda (the x-t10 is a wider camera, but not by much).

DSCF8918.JPG DSCF8919.JPG DSCF8920.JPG DSCF8922.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  2. svtquattro

svtquattro Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 24, 2012
    Vancouver, Canada
    Looks great! Is there any reason to leave the left side hanging out or can it be chopped too?

Sent from my SGP621 using Tapatalk

3. chaconi

chaconi Mu-43 Rookie

May 13, 2016
    Very South Florida
    Looks too bulky. I have the pant leather case. Works great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app