Found 2 more lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zacster, Nov 13, 2011.

1. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    I knew I had a few more lenses from my wife's old camera. These are Pentax K mount, a Tokina SD 70-210 f4-5.6 manual focus, and a Pentax-A 35-70 f3.5-4.5, also manual focus.

Are either of these decent lenses, and is there any reason they wouldn't work with an adapter on an E-PM1? Both of these lenses are much better feeling than the Nikkor that I asked about in another thread.

And a more generic question, when comparing the focal lengths do these become 35-105 and 17-35 in m43 sizing? Or in other words the effective 35mm length is still the lens' stated length?

2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    No reason at all.

The 2x crop sensor in the m43 format will make the effective focal length 140-420 and 70-140 respectively.

3. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks, I thought I was thinking about this wrong.

In doing a little research, these lenses are both considered pretty good. These are definitely worth the cost of the adapter.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Just make sure you don't mix up "effective focal length" and "field of view"....:smile:

5. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    I guess it doesn't really matter to me as I already own the lenses. I'll see what they do when I actually buy a camera.

Another question, what kind of focus assistance does the E-PM1 offer with a manual focus lens? I won't have a split image fresnel viewfinder.

6. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I don't know what your standards are, but the early Pentax zooms weren't amazing, and the A-35-70 wasn't one of the best. If it's free why not, but I wouldn't spend any money on them...

I don't know anything about the Tokina, but once again, I wouldn't expect much from an early consumer zoom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse