1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Found 2 more lenses

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by zacster, Nov 13, 2011.

1. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    I knew I had a few more lenses from my wife's old camera. These are Pentax K mount, a Tokina SD 70-210 f4-5.6 manual focus, and a Pentax-A 35-70 f3.5-4.5, also manual focus.

Are either of these decent lenses, and is there any reason they wouldn't work with an adapter on an E-PM1? Both of these lenses are much better feeling than the Nikkor that I asked about in another thread.

And a more generic question, when comparing the focal lengths do these become 35-105 and 17-35 in m43 sizing? Or in other words the effective 35mm length is still the lens' stated length?

2. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    No reason at all.

The 2x crop sensor in the m43 format will make the effective focal length 140-420 and 70-140 respectively.

3. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    Thanks, I thought I was thinking about this wrong.

In doing a little research, these lenses are both considered pretty good. These are definitely worth the cost of the adapter.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Just make sure you don't mix up "effective focal length" and "field of view"....:smile:

5. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    I guess it doesn't really matter to me as I already own the lenses. I'll see what they do when I actually buy a camera.

Another question, what kind of focus assistance does the E-PM1 offer with a manual focus lens? I won't have a split image fresnel viewfinder.

6. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I don't know what your standards are, but the early Pentax zooms weren't amazing, and the A-35-70 wasn't one of the best. If it's free why not, but I wouldn't spend any money on them...

I don't know anything about the Tokina, but once again, I wouldn't expect much from an early consumer zoom.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.