1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fotodiox WonderPana 145 for Lumix 7-14mm

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by nickthetasmaniac, Jan 23, 2013.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I've chatted to people here a few times about possible filter solutions for the (threadless) Lumix 7-14mm. Well, it you're interested, I've just received my copy of the new Fotodiox WonderPana 145 filter holder with a 5-stop ND. I've briefly discussed it on my blog, and hopefully I'll be testing it thoroughly over the next week (I'm heading off to the West Oz desert :smile:)

Fotodiox WonderPana 145 filter-holder for the Lumix G 7-14mm | people + other strange creatures

Cheers, Nick

• Like Like x 2
  2. rklepper

rklepper Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 19, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Robert
    I would be interested in something that would allow me to use my lee setup on this lens. Think it could be modified to do so?

3. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I just saw one of these. They're solid beasts and easily the best solution. I love the polarizer filter availible for this set up, it has pins on the filter that allow easy adjustments when the square filters are on. And boy does this thing lock down nice.

4. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Fotodiox have said they plan to release holders for Lee (150mm) and Conkin (130mm) rectangular filters this year. I've had no experience with these types of systems before so beyond that I don't know...

Hi Jim, it does look like pretty decent quality on first impressions. I'll be interested to see if you could stack the Pol and ND without vignetting at 7mm.

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    You surely would be getting a grea big dark 'X' across your entire frame if you tried using a CPL at 7mm ?!

6. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    Makes it look like the Nikkor 6mm 220ยบ fish-eye - and therefore has to be a bargain at anything under $50,000!

7. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    Looks good - and not really outrageously expensive.

Would really like a 10x ND on my 7-14 Pana but I guess that stacking 2x 5x NDs will vignette

8. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    BTW seems to me that the 5x ND filter used on the 7-14 in the blog does actually 'vignette'??? But it could just be me.

9. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Its not the most scientific of tests shots but rest assured that it vignettes no more than usual when shot straight at the sky at 7mm and f4 :smile:

10. Just Jim

Just Jim Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 20, 2011
    I'd think it would be fine at 10mm or so... never used a cpl on it, but yeah at 7mm it's going to get weird.

11. nickthetasmaniac

Jan 11, 2011
    Would this be an issue if there was no sky in the scene? For instance, a waterfall scene using the CPL to reduce glare and reflections.

12. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Yeah...when I had the O9-18 I tried a B+W screw on CPL and although I never got the imfamous X ...I did get very severe dark corners in blue sky.

Curious to see if this'll get even worse wider than 9mm but I'm pretty certain I've read in several places that CPLs just do not work at ultra wide angles.