1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fotodiox pro adapter - too tight?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Ravenscroft, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    Hi all...

Anyone out there using a Fotodiox Pro EF to M4/3 adapter? I just got one, but it is *extremely* tight on the EF side, to the extent where I'm nervous about the amount of force required to attach and detach it.

Anyone else got one of these? Does it loosen up over time?

2. walter_j

walter_j Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Hagwilget, B.C., Canada
    Walter
    I have a canon fd that had this issue. It will only loosen up if you force it and either the adapter plate or camera mount is ground down i bit. I'd send it back. A brand I prefer so far is Kipon, which is relatively expensive - about $100 CDN. I haven't had problems with poor fit, warped mount or issues focausing to infinity.

3. Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    Thanks - I'll get a replacement. Hopefully the next one will fit better...

4. Turbofrog

Turbofrog Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 21, 2014
    I find that if it's the kind that has the bayonet "spring" created by a machined slit in the metal, you can easily adjust the tension by gently pushing it with a punch (read: a bolt with a flat head, for instance) and a hammer from the bottom side. I had to do that with a Fotasy Minolta MD -> Samsung NX adapter that I thought was garbage, but after adjusting that, it's worked perfectly ever since.

41doE-P1PqL.jpg

If you're a little bit handy, you can happily save huuuuge amounts of money on adapters and still get perfect results.

5. Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    That's interesting, thanks. I've ordered a replacement and if it's no better than the previous one I may investigate this...

6. Ravenscroft

Ravenscroft Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 16, 2015
    The replacement arrived today and is fine - fits tightly enough to be solid but not so tightly that it makes you scared to use it :)
    Thanks everyone for the comments.