Fotodiox OM adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Gerry M, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Gerry M

Gerry M Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 13, 2012
    U S West coast
    My apologies if this has been asked a jillion times. I very recently received a gift of a Fotodiox OM-m4/3 adapter for my G1. The adapter fits securely to the body, but my lenses have a bit of play between them and the adapter. Not a lot, but some (very little) wiggle. Is this normal with this model of adapter? Images show no problem. Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Gerry

2. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    If it slides around a bit, that's pretty normal for the cheaper adapters. If its loose so that there's a gap between the lens and adapter, that's not normal and not good.

Fred

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I use the Fotodiox OM-to-4/3 adapter, and there is play in it as well. But then, there's also play in my 4/3-to-m4/3 adapter too. xP

4. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    Yeah I've had a couple adapters that have a little wiggle room. Not a big deal as long as it doesn't affect IQ imo.

5. Sammyboy

Sammyboy m43 Pro

Oct 26, 2010
    Steeler Country
    There are 3 small leaf springs under the flange on the adapter. These springs apply pressure to the lens when it is mounted, simply insert a small screwdriver or the blade of a knife into the slot and carefully open the spring a small amount, this will tighten up the lens.

6. Gerry M

Gerry M Mu-43 Rookie

Jan 13, 2012
    U S West coast
    Thanks for your input and link. That did the trick.