1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Fotodiox Nikon - Micro 4/3 adapter

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by acnomad, Jan 13, 2016.

1. acnomad

acnomad Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    I'm new to MFT photography and have been experimenting with my legacy Nikkors. I've had reasonably good results so far with a Fotodiox adapter, but two nuisance issues lead me to write this post:
    1. Focusing beyond infinity
    2. Loose connection between camera body and adapter

I'm gradually re-learning the lost art of manual focus (with eyesight that isn't what it used to be!), and the last thing I need is a lens adapter that makes it harder. I know that Metabones and Voigtlander offer more expensive options, but are they substantially better?

2. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Regular

Nov 24, 2015
    Brandon
    I just started playing with mft, coming from nikon as well. From what I can find, infinity focus issues and loose adapters are not u coming in the lower end adapters. I would put photodiox in the middle though quality wise. I have a super cheap 18 dollar adapter and have the same issues.
    As you said, other options such are more expensive but they are of top Jill quality and materials. If you can live the the minor flaws and work around them, what you have is a good choice. If not, then sounds like it might be the better choice to purchase the higher quality adapter that will meet your needs

3. Exclampt

Exclampt Mu-43 Regular

Oct 2, 2014
    Ferguson, Missouri
    Dale
    I use a Voigtlaender adapter. Pricey, but it works well.

4. acnomad

acnomad Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 5, 2016
    Andy
    Taurahe and Exclampt,

Thank you both for the replies. As a follow up to my original post:

Amazon.com shipped me a replacement Fotodiox adapter in advance of my returning the original one. I swapped them back and forth on two different lenses and found no difference. Both work, but with the issues mentioned above. I suppose Fotodiox has better manufacturing tolerances than precision in design.