Fotodiox Nikon G to MFT adapter on E-PM1 (w/ sample pics)

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Hyun, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Hyun

Hyun Mu-43 Regular

Jan 20, 2012
    Just got the adapter today and have been playing around with Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G DX lens. The adapter fits snugly both to the body and lens, and handling is a pleasure. The "LOCK <--> OPEN" barrel controls the aperture opening. It's a smooth ring, no "clicks" as you might expect from the lenses with manual aperture control.

One question: Other than the lens wide open at f/1.8, and minimum aperture of f/22, there is really no easy way for me to tell what aperture I'm setting, right? I mean, I can kinda guestimate looking at the size of the opening, but that's about it?

Well I'm sold on this combo. I took the E-PM1 with the Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G lens to the park this afternoon with my kids and some friends, and took a bunch of photos. It handles very well--the lens barrel sits comfortably in my left hand, and manipulating the focus ring feels natural. The effective focal length makes it for a great playground lens.

I was seriously considering getting the Olympus 45mm f/1.8 lens next, but with this combo, I think I can put that on the backburner and get the Panasonic 20mm f/1.7 first instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm surprised you were able to shoot manual focus with kids! I can barely keep my daughter in one place for photos! :smile: Looks good!
  3. MegaPixelTravel

MegaPixelTravel Mu-43 Regular

May 14, 2011
    Nice set of Photos, I use the Fotasy which seems to be a cheaper knock-of of the Fotodiox but also works quite well and is solid.