Fotga L grip for OMD EM5

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by tm3, Dec 8, 2014.

1. tm3

tm3 Mu-43 Regular

Apr 17, 2011
    I planned on buying a JB grip for my EM5, only to learn that they have been discontinued due to "quality issues." That left the Fotodiox, which looks pretty good, and the RRS, as options. The RRS is a great design because it also functions as an L bracket, but imo the $185 cost is ridiculous. I have a friend who owns a lot of RRS stuff that I sometimes get to play with and while nice, I think that in general what I have seen is over priced for what it is.

My continued searching led to this

which looks very similar to the RRS product, and at $40 or so is much more reasonable. I could not find any online reviews, and after checking the return policy I decided to take a chance and order one.

I am very impressed and pleased. The grip adds negligible weight and overall size to the EM5, but makes holding the camera much more comfortable. It functions as an Arca Swiss compatible L bracket, and additionally has a hole in the bottom to directly screw to a tripod head if desired. The L part of the bracket is removable, so that the data ports can be accessed.

Highly recommended.
  2. darrenleow

darrenleow Mu-43 Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Ordered one from eBay and will update with my views once I receive it. Good to know that it works well for you, should be a comfortable grip to use with my incoming 40-150 PRO