1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

FOTGA Automatic AF Macro Extension Tube DG FT1 10mm+16mm For Micro M4/3

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by OzRay, Nov 17, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I finally received my FOTGA Automatic AF Macro Extension Tube DG FT1 10mm+16mm For Micro M4/3 from the eBay seller:

610InnD3-EL._SL1001_.

They are mainly plastic, very light weight, with a metal face and camera flange. The lens side bayonet tangs are plastic, sitting under the metal facing. To be quite honest, construction wise, they feel and look no worse than the MMF-3 adapter and, with careful use, I'd say they should last reasonably well. Of course, these aren't weathersealed like the 4/3 extension tube, so all weather use would need to be tempered.

Surprisingly, you can use these singly or together, and they also work fine (AF etc) when I attach my 4/3 tele-extender. You could never do this with the 4/3 cameras, only one extension tube or extender at a time. The tubes don't come with end caps, so this is something you need to consider if you don't have spares.

I haven't included any photos, as I don't think that's relevant. All that really matters is their construction and operation on-camera and, to that end, I think they are quite reasonable for a $49 purchase.

• Like Like x 3
  2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    Ray thanks for the information now we know that it works with the tele-extender.

Though you said that it looks as well as MMF-3, I think to be safe it'd better not to be used with your heavy FT lenses, it'll be too risky

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I would never allow the bigger lenses to hang off one of these unsupported, I don't even allow that with the MMF-3 (nor previously with my 4/3 cameras), but I don't see a problem allowing the camera to hang off one of the extenders attached to a lens. That said, I would always show a degree of caution when mounts and the like depend on the integrity of plastic to stay together. Obviously a lot depends on how the screws go into the plastic and the type of plastic, but what can you expect for such a price?

4. alex66

alex66 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 23, 2010
    I bought a similar set off Ebay 'Viltrox' branded they seem to work as expected, have only used them with small primes so can't say how they would hold up with a bigger lens. Cost some place around £20 I think.

5. zensu

zensu An Old Fool

Aug 8, 2012
    Southeastern USA
    Bobby
    These are a great bargain! I also got mine for less than $50(US) and the feature I like the most is the inner barrel is grooved which will reduce reflections and give you a clearer image with greater contrast. The last set of auto extension tubes I used had smooth inner barrels and light would reflect off this smooth finish to reduce not only contrast but effect sharpness due to internal flare.