Fotasy FD to m43 doesn't fit?

adnrewn

New to Mu-43
Hello.
I just got a Canon FD 50mm 1.8 off eBay.
I also ordered a Fotasy FD to m43 adapter from Rainbowimaging.

I've looked at a few other posts and watched some Youtube videos, but I cannot get the lens to fit on the adapter.
I can line them up right (I think, anyway) but the lens doesn't ever sit flush with the adapter and I can't lock it.

Is this an FD/nFD problem? I'm not really sure which one I've got here.
Any help would be appreciated.
Even if that means a different adapter.

PA319570.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

PA319571.JPG

Paul80

Mu-43 Veteran
Hi

it looks from the photos that you have the lens mount in its locked position, the locating stub by the red dot on the lens mount should be uncovered, you are showing it covered. once you have unlocked it, it should mount ok.

Paul

adnrewn

New to Mu-43
Thanks for responding.

You were right. The mount was locked. Lined up the inner and outer red dots. Popped on like a charm.
At first, I thought someone had taken it apart and misaligned it. That's why the dots were that way. I was wrong.

Now I'm just working out the aperture kinks and the way the adapter behaves.

Gave me quite a panic. I found this lens pretty cheap (15.99) and I was really upset when it didn't fit right away.

Thanks, Paul.

pellicle

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
pellicle
adnrewn

if you end up liking FD lenses then I recommend this guys adapters

http://cjeastwd.blogspot.com/2010/07/ciecio7-fd-g1-adaptor.html

top notch stuff, high accuracy, but not in the cheapie bin

his video here should also help understand the FD system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQk2UOWuQho

if you like to use longer focal lengths then consider this one
$(KGrHqN,!lcFFyqSoN0UBRdlEGz,j!~~60_1.JPG

link to ebay

I tried out a cheapie (blog post here)

nuAdaptor+lens.jpg

and liked it with my 200mm f2.8, so (because the cheapie failed after a little while) I'll be buying one of his.

dwig

Mu-43 Top Veteran
One additional issue can prevent mounting of FD lenses on most adapters and some Canon bodies. With few exceptions, FD lenses of any version won't mount on anything other than autoexposure-capable Canon bodies when the f/stop ring is set to A (or the green circle on the older FD variants). There is a pin that protrudes from the back of the lens and unless the body mount on the camera, adapter, or other accessory (e.g. extension tube, tele-extender, ...) has a mating hole the lens won't mount. On autoexposure-capable bodies there is a pin in the hole that senses the extended pin on the lens to signal to the body that the lens is in Auto mode. A few lens accessories and a few manual bodies (e.g. AT-1, ...) have an empty hole to avoid the mounting conflict, but most don't.

Latest threads

Top Bottom