1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Forum Sub-Menu

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by OzRay, Mar 6, 2014.

1. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    Would it be possible to add the Today's Posts link as a separate one, say before My Posts or somewhere suitable? I always click on the Today's Posts link to see what's been going on overnight and, all too often, click on My Posts instead. I would rather have My Posts, My Threads etc under Quick Links and Today's Posts displayed more prominently. There can be a difference between New Posts and Today's Posts, especially in the morning when everyone across the pond in now asleep, or nearly there.

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Does the "101 Active Discussions" under the "Site Navigation" tab not do the same thing for you as "Today's Posts"?

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    It appears to do the same thing, but it still means clicking on a drop down menu and then selecting again, I was thinking more of a direct link, like New Posts. It also takes me to an odd looking page that has none of the sub-links displayed. It's like going to a completely different site in some respects.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Sorry, I don't want to add a direct link for Today's Posts. It would be one more thing I'd have to look after every time I update the board software. Only other option I can highlight is that you can bookmark the URL for Today's Posts:

HTML:
    https://www.mu-43.com/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=93,124;contenttype=vBForum_Post

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    OK, it was just a thought. I'll try the bookmark, which I didn't try, as I haven't found this to work in other forums. Bookmarking doesn't really add anything, it still requires finding the bookmark and then refresh doesn't appear to actually refresh to show new posts.

6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    I finally got this request to work - was conflicting with one of our other mods until a recent update.

7. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    Excellent!

8. Boneyard

Boneyard Mu-43 Regular

Oct 5, 2012
    Iowa, USA
    Would this change have disabled "101 Active"? Does not currently seem to be working.

9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Yes, this replaced 101 Active.