Forum index reorganization

pdh

Mu-43 Top Veteran
too long for me ... I rarely like to scroll down so much to see stuff .. but then I rarely use the front page anyway, although it might be offputting for newcomers of a like mind

Danny_Two

Mu-43 Regular
As someone who spends most of his working day hanging out on various photography and motorcycle forums... You should keep the main discussion forums at the top and obviously titled, and the more forums there are, the less activity they will attract.

I know im a newb, but you did ask for opinions.
:smile:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Yeah, I think the discussions should be at the top. It just seems more logcal/natural to have the 'system' related topics first, then followed by the 'system capabilities'.

Cheers

Ray

Djarum

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jason
My 2 pennies

1. Site Info
2. Other Discussions - Remove "Other Systems"
3. Cameras
4. Lenses and other gear - add "Other Systems"
5. Photography
6. Video
7. Members forum
8. S & S

It seems to me that site info obviously should be first. Second, it appears that the open discussion seems very active. I think its a coin flip as to what comes next, photography/video or cameras and related gear? I think members only stuff and S&S should go last, especially S & S

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Ray, I don't follow. Are you saying gear forums first then the image forums (the old way)?
Yes. I think the first set of topics should be about the gear itself, followed by the image threads. Because there is so much happening with m4/3s, I'd guess that most people would be interested in what it offers in the first instance (newcomers as well as seasoned veterans). The photography section shows what people can do with the gear, but it's at a much more subjective level.

Cheers

Ray

Brianetta

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Brian Ronald
I never go there! I always use the recent discussions list, either in the right margin or in the "Active" page. The only time I even think about browsing the forums is when starting a new thread.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom