Fortnightly (was Bi-Weekly) Photography Motivation Booster Challenge #2: Life

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
Hey Crew,

It's springtime here in North America and while it's still snowing and raining out here in Eastern Canada, I am extremely interested in seeing the world come back to life. The birds are returning, the plants are opening up, and people are getting out and about.

So, for this photo challenge, take a picture of some LIFE. Anything living you can point your lens at. Show something struggling to hang on, something perservering despite all the obstacles thrown against it. :)

(note, this is not meant to exclude our friends in the southern half of the planet!)

Rules/Recommendations:

1. One of the preconditions for these challenges was supposed to be that we don't have to go very far to take these photos. We should be able to find what we need around the house or nearby. If you can get out and shoot something outside, awesome. If not, look around at the mundane and ordinary for inspiration. Try seeing things you look at every day from a different perspective. Turn the world on its side.

2. Since the goal of this challenge is to get people shooting, please post new images only! You might have the perfect image in your back catalogue, but you should really try to post something taken during the challenge timeframe!

a) Catch-ups after the period has expired are perfectly acceptable. We're not monsters.

b) Feel free to post as many as you want, but try to pick the best of your bunch. Twenty takes on the same challenge might be a tad spammy. :)

3. Have fun!

In a couple of weeks (April 12th), I'll post another one of these here. In the meantime, enjoy the photos from the participants as they show up. All are welcome to take part, the more the merrier.

example:
51026332697_fc84d3df68_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

edit: changed the wording, added the "Show the struggle" part of the description because that's more inline with what I was hoping for, but failed to include in the original.

Last edited:

robcee

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Rob Campbell
this one's a little slow to get going, but I've been out shooting around the yard so thought I'd contribute.

Yesterday, I saw some flowers peeking up through the leaves on my yard after a bunch of rain. I grabbed my camera and my 60mm macro and went out to take some cheesy flower pics, but hadn't checked the settings. I was on manual, F8 and overexposed the shot. The wind that was blowing was shaking the flower and I ended up with this unplanned impressionist shot that I really like. Love the colors from this lens.

51016991220_d1f7709cd6_z.jpg

Zapp DJR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Darek
If a week ago also counts, here is one:
Winter gradually disappears

20122852lca-s.jpg

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Life unfolding
BC45FA6B-D4B5-49E5-A5EB-86F0845556F0.jpeg

Bushboy

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hey thanks. Simple on cam flash, high shutter speed to dim the ambient light.. After a really dry summer here. We had a welcome couple days of rain. The tree ferns have gone mad throwing out new fronds. Like they were just waiting for that moisture.

Brodhall

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Rooted to the rock!
(10 April 2021)

_1230273.jpg

Brodhall

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Sue
Apologies as this was taken with a slightly smaller camera than my usually G9. But didnt want to miss the opportunity
20210418_111012.jpg

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom