1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Forrestfire

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by GRID, Aug 10, 2014.

1. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    Swedens biggest forestfire in modern time is still burning when I write this, I went out yesterday to look how much one could see but all roads was closed and that´s good so the firefighters can do there work, but here´s some images i got from a distance.

Choppers filling up with water.
    Skogsbrand2014_11___.

Skogsbrand2014_04___.

Skogsbrand2014_02___.

Skogsbrand2014_12___.

Skogsbrand2014_01___.

Skogsbrand2014_07___.

Skogsbrand2014_06___.

Skogsbrand2014_10___.

Skogsbrand2014_14___.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    Pictures are nice, fire obviously not. Some relatives of mine are evacuated under the fire :(

I surely hope the fire fighters have strength, material and tools to restrict it and then a little bit luck to get it under control.

3. GRID

GRID Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 22, 2011
    They were talking about 10-20mm rain today, i hope they get that.

4. Matero

Matero Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 22, 2013
    Finland
    We had in Finland 17 years ago massive forest fire close to high density living areas. We were lucky that nothing worse happened. And that fire was really tiny compared the area in Sweden, maybe 1 percent of the Swedish area.

We had summer cottage at that time near the place and it was frightening how fast the fire grew. And the landscape was awful afterwards.

Let's hope they got control of it today, but the landscape is still hot and actually can be in danger to start again until winter... even till next spring in the worst case. Heat can stay also under snow, however funny that sounds.