Former 4/3rds owner to Micro 4/3rds

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by neofx19, May 21, 2012.

1. neofx19

neofx19 Mu-43 Regular

May 16, 2012
    Vancouver
    Hello fellow micro four thirds owners,

This is my first post here and I thought I'd drop a line and say hi to everybody. A brief photography story about myself, several years back I had a four thirds setup. I used this setup for all kinds of work, landscape, portrait, sports, news, etc... I was a photographer for my college paper. This was my setup two years ago

Olympus E-3
    HLD-4
    Olympus 9-18mm f/4-5.6
    Sigma 18-50 f/2.8
    Olympus 50-200 f/2.8-3.5 SWD (My favorite lens I miss it the most)
    Sigma 30mm 1.4
    FL-36 flash
    E-510 w/aftermarket grip
    (And various strobist setups)

I previously also had
    Olympus 14-42mm
    Olympus 40-150mm
    Olympus 35mm Macro
    Olympus 50mm Macro
    Olympus 70-300mm

The reason why I got rid of my gear two years ago is mainly because I lost interest in photography due to a busy work schedule and busy lifestyle. I shot portraits, sports, weddings, etc... But now, I've decided I want to go back to photography. So, this is my current setup

Olympus E-P2 w/VF2
    Olympus 17mm f/2.8
    Olympus 14-150mm f/4-5.6
    Olympus 45mm f/1.8

I plan on getting the Olympus 9-18mm, Panasonic 100-300mm and the FL-300R flash. Later this year maybe an OMD. I'm just patiently waiting for a price drop and an increase in availability of the OMD. In the meantime, I've absolutely fallen in love again with photography. This time around, the micro four thirds setup is a keeper.

• Like Like x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.