1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Formatt Hitech on EM5 photos

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by chonbhoy, May 3, 2013.

1. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Hi all can someone please share some photos of the EM5 with the Formatt Hitech Filter attachment mounted.
    Can I see the EM5 with the 67 & the 85 for a comparison. I'd like to see if the 85 is too large looking when mounted. For all the advantages the 85 has with more glass to choose from and larger lenses to accommodate I might be willing to ignore them because the 67 will be suffice for the lenses I own right now and the glass is cheaper @ the 67 size.

2. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Nobody?

3. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sorry, not familiar with it at all.

4. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Ok Bob I know it's a bit of an unusual request. ;-)

5. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    As you can see the rig does protrude a bit and thats why I would recommend you go for the 85....the actual holder itself does curve around the filter itself and my only concern with the 67 would be that if you were using one of the wider diameter lenses (14-45....12-35) at the wide end, you may just possibly have the holder protrude into your field of view at the edges.....the 85s won't.

The rig looks bulky in this photo, but in practical terms...ie in hand in use...it's actually quite small i feel. Please note that I took this quick snap front on so the rig does look kinda bulbous here. I have a Hitech 6 sleeve case for my filters, add a couple of adapter rings and P-holder and it doesn't take up too much space in my bag at all. Mind you, I only take this rig with me when I know for certain I will use it.

Hope this helps some.
    Good luck.

hitech_85.

6. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Livnius you are a gentleman, I appreciate the effort.
    I'm going to order a 85 with a 2-stop ND & 2 stop Soft Grad starter kit for £45, it's a good deal on Amazon, it's £35 for the same kit in the 67.

7. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    What is the thread size I need to step up to?

8. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    Just do an eBay search for Cokin P adapter rings.

If I recall, 77mm are the largest for the P-type filter holder and just work your way down to the thread size of the lens you will be using. So you may start with the 77mm adapter that should come with the filter holder, you may then get a 77-72 step down adapter then a 72-52 cokin-P step down adapter.

I believe the rig I have above has 46-52...52-72...72-holder.

9. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Cheers I was a lol confused because the kit doesn't come with the adapter, anyway the largest is 77mm like you said.