1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Formatt Hitech 67 or 85mm Holder?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chonbhoy, May 2, 2013.

1. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    Hi I have been looking at purchasing a modular filter and fancy the Formatt Hitech brand. I am planning on using it on my EM5 and wonder if it is really worth getting the 85mm over the 67mm? the smaller one is obviously cheaper and so is the glass that will go in it + it will be the most compact.
    Will There be vignetting when using WA/UWA lenses with the 67?
    Should I consider the 85 to be more future proof?
    Should I consider adapted lenses which the 67 would be too small for? Or would the 85 be too small anyway?
    I thought I'd play I safe and ask on here before I buy.
    TIA

2. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    If you want to adapt the 7-14, you will want the 85. That - and the fact I can use it with my Canon setup - was why I went for the 85. That will fit lenses up to 77mm filter diameter for sure. Also gives you many more options from other manufacturers (Conkin P compatible filters being pretty common).

3. chonbhoy

chonbhoy Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 23, 2013
    Scottish Highlands
    I think I'll give the 7-14 a miss because of the price! I was looking at the 9-18 but I have the 12 so not sure about getting it to be honest. Would the 9-18 require the 85? Would the 12 be ok with the 67?