1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

format and printing, your experience and advise

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by laser8, Feb 2, 2013.

1. laser8

laser8 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 29, 2013
    Mare nostrum, Istria
    Hi

I have encountered today an issue I did not foresee: earlier this month I sent to print (for the first time) a batch of files. When the photos arrived, I found them a bit "different" from what I expected them to be. After some thinking, I got it - they were printed in 3/2 format instead than 4/3, and obviously they cropped the images instead of fitting them and leaving white spaces on the sides.

Now, I can either always send a specific request together with the files, not to adapt them to 3/2 formats and crop out bits I wanted to be in (obviously I gave framing a thought too when shooting and processing them). Or I could just set the format to 3/2 already in camera and forget it, loosing some sensor real estate on the way...

The problem is I have aleady processed hundreds of pics, think about printing several, and do not wish to review them all in LR to reframe them correctly for 3/2. Let alone the 1/1 or 16/9!

Rant mode on/why on earth there is no option to print them in 4/3 on the online printing services I found???/rant mode off.

What do you do? Buy a printer? Bring the files in person to the printing shop and tell them ten times to be careful and check the format before printing?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.