Forgot to introduce myself.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by davidzvi, Feb 14, 2013.

1. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Forgot to introduce myself. I followed a few others from another forum and almost immediately felt so at home that I forgot an intro.

Minor details:
    • Currently live out side Boston MA, but lived in NH and VT
    • Pro event photographer, mainly Bar & Bat Mitzvahs (Nikon FX system)
    • Former Software Development Manager and computer builder (Ask me any PC question, sorry not MAC)
    • I have the E-PM1, kit lens, and the Pan 100-300 (didn't have this when I joined).
    • First digital camera was the awesome 3.34mp 100/200 ISO Pentax Optio 330 :wink:
    • First serious digital was the Nikon D70

How / why I came to :43: :
    My wife and I went on an East Coast road trip / wine tasting vacation last summer and I really didn't want to drag my DSLR along. I also realized that I had nothing in my kit that was for fun, it all existed because I needed it for events, primaries, backup etc. I wanted some lens options and something with simple flex program/exposure compensation control that could just as easily be use in full manual mode. Enter the E-PM1/kits lens/flash, combined they're smaller & lighter than the 24-120 alone. So far it's been a lot of fun. I'm actually back to taking a camera with me almost everywhere. Picked up the Pan 100-300 for MLB, nature, etc.

So that's my story for now. Here are some of my selects from the vacation.
    Vacation-2012

• Like Like x 1
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Thanks for the intro! My wife and I did a wine tasting trip to the finger lakes region last summer and it was nice to have a small, versatile camera with me. I have really come to appreciate :43:.. :cool:

3. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    It sure was. We passed through PA on our way to the Biltmore, just a place we picked as your end point. What a place it is, kind of hard to image, 250 rooms, 65 fireplaces, 43 bathrooms, 34 bedrooms, and three kitchens. The main dinning hall is 3150 sq ft with a table that seats 64, my house is only about 2800.

We stopped in Hersey on the way down. Then back up through Raleigh, DC, & NYC. Barren Ridge Vineyards in Fishersville, VA was one of our favorites.

4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    I just can't imagine living in a place that huge.
    There are lots of interesting little wineries around. My wife had never been to a tasting before and discovered that they can be fun. We came home with two and a half cases of various wines - as well as Meade and hard cider. There are also a number of small distilleries cropping up and micro-breweries. We even discovered a little place that called itself a wiener - great hot dogs! :cool:

5. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    David, welcome aboard!

Regards,

Jim