1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Forgive me, for I have sinned...

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by SRHEdD, Feb 13, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I bought a D7000 and 18-200 on photo.net...

I'm going to flirt around with it for a week or so, see if I really miss a DSLR. Such an impulse buy, but it gets great reviews. I thought it would be best to go back into teaching with the same sort of camera my students will have, but the more I thought about it, it might be a nice awakening to them to see other photographic tools... like m4/3!

I dunno, looking for an excuse I guess...

2. alans

alans Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 28, 2010
    No problem, it's an excellent camera with a lot of great lenses available. I'll give up my m43 before I give up DSLR.

3. Grinch

Grinch Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2011
    Canada
    Don't forget to reacquaint yourself with the chiropractor, you haven't been doing any heavy lifting for awhile.

Any gear is good gear, it's just a question of what it will cost you.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    As long as you're keeping both systems, how can that hurt right? :)

5. dcassat

dcassat Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 16, 2011
    Cloverdale,CA
    Don't ask for forgiveness until you are willing to change your behavior! :daz:

• Like Like x 1
  6. dijitil

dijitil Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 7, 2012
    Santa Rosa Beach, FL
    If you decide you don't like the D7k send it my way. :D

7. Wolf

Wolf Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 14, 2012
    the D7000 is a great camera and will make better photos then 4/3 esp when there isn't much light.
    BUT...

it's a burden (heavy... big...) to take with you and m4/3 gear is a lot more fun to use

8. robertmwilliams

robertmwilliams Mu-43 Regular

I too have been flirting with a new DSLR (in my case a 60D) over the last 2 weeks.
    I found there was just nothing a DSLR was providing, at least for my type of photography, that my e-pm1 was not (except of course for external controls).
    In fact I was really missing the sharper images that the e-pm1 was providing even with the kit lens.
    But the biggest issue, for me, was that I was just not having as much fun taking pictures.
    The size and dissatisfaction with the sharpness/focus of the images made using the DSLR more like work.
    Luckily I was able to trade the 60D for a Oly E-P3 (thank you craigslist) and all is right once again :smile:
    Good luck with your D7000, it seems a great camera.

9. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    a lot of us here use two or multiple systems... don't worry, enjoy! keep clickin'... :biggrin:

10. foto2021

foto2021 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    SE England

I'm glad I moved from Nikon DSLRs to m4/3, but I would dearly love the dynamic range of the D7000 in an m4/3 body.

The D7000 has about 4 stops more DR than any m4/3 sensor.