Forget GAS - What about GRS ??

ralf-11

Mu-43 All-Pro
That's Gear Retention Syndrome...

I find I have hung onto several old Nikon lenses and film bodies, even a Nikon DSLR. Not even counting the old compact point and shoot cameras that I can't find a weirdo USB cable for, or my old Sony RX100m3...

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
Cant really fault that, I have camera systems older than me, but I actually grew up with those. Ditto with a handful of digital Ixus cameras. I think the only camera I somewhat regret getting rid of was my first digital P&S, a 3Mp Konica with dual memory slots and that I threw away just the other year. :( I really should get in that round to IKEA, so that I can get some order in the chaos, and unbox both a printer and a monitor that has stood boxed since they landed here in April.

ex machina

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Or, as my sisters would counter -- pack-ratting. ;)

I have a big box of cameras, lenses and cases/bags that I don't consider collector-worthy or useful that I've been planning on offing at a local camera club flea market, but Covid.

PakkyT

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I have been pretty good about getting rid of the old stuff I won't use anymore.

However now that you mention it, I have an old Olympus P&S digital C-770UZ (ultra zoom) which I think the batteries are no good anymore I should get rid of. I'll have to dig it up and offer it up on the Free to good home / karma / pay it forward thread (and then recycle it when there are no takers).

I think I will hang onto the old trusty Oly C-2020Z since it shoots nice IR photos and uses standard AA batteries, so that one I actually have a chance of actually using again.

And lately I have been toying with the idea of giving away my E-1, which I swore I never would, but I am starting to rethink that one. I recently got the Panny GF1 free from someone here and that has become my "car camera" which I kind of used the E-1 for sometimes. But it is sooooooo big. Still a fun camera. Might even include the ZD 12-60 SWD (a second copy I have which works but I think one of the internal flat cables is catching on something) and the original ZD 40-150 lenses.

doady

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think I have only sold one or two things in my life. I even still have my Oakley Juliet Plasma Fire (3rd gen) sunglasses that I have only worn one or two times. And then there's thousands of dollars worth of Magic: The Gathering cards. I am typing this on a computer I built in 2009 with Phenom II 945 X4 CPU. So maybe no surprise that I used Olympus C-7070WZ as my sole camera for 15 years. I will probably use E-M1 II for at least 15 years as well. I am afflicted by GRS more than GAS. Which is worse? I'll let you guys decide.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom