For those who are considering 45-175x

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by sin77, Jan 15, 2012.

1. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Look no further, if you are not buying 35-100x lens but deciding between 45-175x and 45-200.

I just bought mine (SGD620) and enjoying it a lot.

I find it much smaller and lighter than 45-200 and should have better image quality (sharper; lesser CA) based on many online reviews. The Power zoom is not too bad, and feels natural when I use the zoom ring. The zoom lever will however be good for video use. As for the non-protruding zoom capability, it will prevent dust from getting into the lens, as well as non-intimidating to your subjects.

Regarding the OIS problem, this has been resolved by a firmware update.

Personally I would rate this lens 4.5 out of 5.
  2. speedandstyle

speedandstyle Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Is the zoom rocker pressure sensitive? In other words if you push it a little does it go slow but if you push it all the way it goes fast? If so that is a true video style zoom rocker. I hope it does because I would love to use this lens for video use.
  3. keith1200rs

keith1200rs Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    North Yorkshire
    The firmware update didn't fix the OIS problem. Some people say it fixed it but for others it didn't. I returned mine as after the firmware update the OIS still caused double images on my GF2.

4. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Yes, it is sensitive to your push pressure.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    Then it really depends on luck.

Mine is definitely fixed when I compare before and after. :smile:
  6. addieleman

addieleman Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 5, 2010
    The Netherlands
    +1. OIS results have improved quite a bit after the firmware update, enough for me to keep the lens. It's difficult for most of us to test this rigorously because you'd have to have equipment that produces motion blur in a repeatable fashion, preferably in a range of frequencies (slow and fas motion blur).