For those weighing the merits of 4/3 system

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by isabel95, Feb 7, 2011.

1. isabel95

isabel95 Mu-43 Top Veteran

• Like Like x 4
  2. pjohngren

pjohngren Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 15, 2010
    Terrific pictures. I am having the same experience in that I am an old Nikon user and have left all that heavy stuff behind for my beloved G1 and GF1. The more you use them and get experience with how to tweak them, these m4/3 cameras are wonderful and the overall experience is far above any I have had with my old heavy DSLR equipment. When I see someone with the old equipment and humongous lenses, I feel like I am running into someone with an old 8X10 view camera.
  3. OPSSam

OPSSam Mu-43 Regular

Dec 18, 2010
    Those shots are beautiful. Images like that I see on this forum everyday continue to impress me. Thanks for posting this.

(And let us not forget the E-PL1 and all those lenses are still less than the D700 body alone)
  4. isabel95

The more I use my E-PL1....

The more I want to sell my Canon 100-400IS. Great lens but HEAVY!

I've been using my 300mm f/4L for birds through my window this winter because we've had so many gray days and I need the constant f/4 of that lens. Now that's another "lightweight" as well. Gorgeous lens.

5. DesertRose

DesertRose Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    I wish Panasonic had a great, sharp 400mm prime (even a 300 prime). I'd have to think hard about whether to not to keep my Canon gear if that was an option.
  6. isabel95

That's the biggest problem with micro 4/3 at this time...

Lack of good native lenses.

I'm thrilled with the IQ from my e-pl1.