For those interested in Sony NEX...

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
I've started an NEX forum at TalkNEX.com.

There's been plenty of interest in the NEX system here as well as at SeriousCompacts.com. While I am beyond happy with my new E-P3 and Micro 4/3 lenses and not personally considering purchase of an NEX camera any time soon, I am always interested in the latest developments in the CSC space. Many of the advances pioneered in our system will be incorporated in NEX and vice versa. The rumored upcoming NEX-7 and lenses will be very exciting for the NEX community.

I'm hoping that TalkNEX will be a great home for NEX users just as Mu-43 has become for Micro 4/3 users. Right now, TalkNEX is just a blank slate, so if you are interested in that system, please check it out, spread the word, and help us turn it into something good :smile:.

Mu-43 Legend
Like you Amin, I have m43, but am interested in camera tech in general, so I signed up!

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

Y-V-E-S

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Yves Gajardo
Nice!! I'm really interested in what the NEX-7 has to offer. I may also buy my wife a NEX-C3 as well. I still need to teach her how to use legacy glass. HAHA.

Luke

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Luke
Oh if only all the camera forums could share a roof. I definitely am interested in some of the very cool technologies in the Sony's ugly/sexy compact mirrorless system, but am not likely to buy one anytime soon.

Still.....I may have to "peak" in there once in awhile

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Oh if only all the camera forums could share a roof...

I think there's something good to be said for a forum that covers a whole range of camera types (eg, Serious Compacts, GetDPI) and forums that allow users of a common system to share/learn/discuss amongst themselves (eg, Mu-43, TalkNEX). I wish I could give everyone a common login for all the sites, but I'm sure I'd run into some folks who would specifically want a membership on one site and not another...

Armanius

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Muttley
Just joined the site, and trying my best to jump start the new website! Posted photos on the NEX 3 thread! Oldies but goodies!

LovinTheEP2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I think there's something good to be said for a forum that covers a whole range of camera types (eg, Serious Compacts, GetDPI) and forums that allow users of a common system to share/learn/discuss amongst themselves (eg, Mu-43, TalkNEX). I wish I could give everyone a common login for all the sites, but I'm sure I'd run into some folks who would specifically want a membership on one site and not another...

There are several well known forums that cover all the ranges of cameras. Speciality forums like mu-43 are great as those larger sites tend to get very argumentative regarding format wars etc. A speciality site like this is easy for fans of a particular format since you usually don't get into that as everyone is on the same page and looking to just the most out of same format vs. saying.. you should have gotten a NEX or X100 or ...

I still visit the other big site but I go here 1st... then the rumor site .. then the multi forum but I find the content here much better.

Real Name
Nic
Funnily enough, it's the non-gear specific Seriouscompacts where the most time is devoted into convincing each other to buy new gear. Those weak-of-wallet have been warned...

BarefootPilgrim

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Bob
I don't plan to get a Nex camera but joined to read get in on the new and learn the other system.

I'm basically in the same "frame" of mind, although I'd have some interest in buying if there were more lens choices and if Sony wasn't so arrogant about things like proprietary hot-shoes and the like.

Will be interesting to learn more about the challenges the system presents. :thumbup:

Narnian

Nobody in particular ...
Real Name
Richard Elliott
I've started an NEX forum at TalkNEX.com.

I tried signing up and after a dozen failures gave up - the image authentication process is awful. I even tried the sound based one three times and I am 100% sure I got all of the words at least twice and it still didn't work.

You may be losing registrations if it is too hard to sign up.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Richard, thanks for letting me know. The problem is that if I make it easy for humans, the bots have a field day. I think we're using the same image verification there that we're using here.

I'll create an account for you there and PM you the login info. Will also look into improving the system!

Latest threads

Top Bottom