For the dog lovers

Dave Lively

Mu-43 Regular
I do not own a dog but a lot of my friends and relatives do. One nice thing about taking pictures of other people's dogs is the owner seems to always thinks the picture is great. I chopped off the front paws in a couple of these and the one of Lydia running is a little out of focus but the owners liked them anyways.

This is Merlin, my friend's walker hound. Still a puppy:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lydia, my father and stepmother's dog but particularly attached to my stepmother:

Duffy, my father and stepmother's dog but particularly attached to my father:

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
Found this one while searching for some photos. Max the Hungarian Vizsla, who really doesn't give a damn (owned by my sister-in-law and taken with my FF E-3):

Real Name
Marc Sitkin

Low maintenance dog, now under arrest

thelaxong

Mu-43 user
My beloved dog Joshi II passed away last weekend. It's quite upsetting for my wife and kids. We came back from a 2 months Europe trip and he was probably not the same as before we left and he was gone after 2 weeks. I just keep thinking of his old age but also he must have missed us through that long period we were apart and gave up in the end. He shared nearly 15 years of joy and happiness with us.

This was him sunbathing few months ago:

foxtail1

Science geek & photo nut
Real Name
Kristi
So sorry about Joshi II. Dogs are such a part of our lives that it's heart wrenching when they leave us.

Maybe instead of thinking that your trip hastened his end, consider that he might have held on so he'd see you again.

thelaxong

Mu-43 user
Thanks HMR, Kristi and all.

We lost Joshi I (in Germany - he couldn't hang on for my trip over there) and Joshi II (Melbourne) within a time span of 5 months. Both died of old age but still quite hard to take. We were thankful that we could spend the last 2 weeks with him.

JoJo

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
JoJo
My beloved dog Joshi II passed away last weekend. It's quite upsetting for my wife and kids. We came back from a 2 months Europe trip and he was probably not the same as before we left and he was gone after 2 weeks. I just keep thinking of his old age but also he must have missed us through that long period we were apart and gave up in the end. He shared nearly 15 years of joy and happiness with us.

This was him sunbathing few months ago:
I sincerely believe that dogs have souls and we will be united on the other side. The fear of loss is the reason I no longer have dogs. Best friend you can ever have!

Real Name
Bob
My beloved dog Joshi II passed away last weekend.
It is so hard to say goodbye to them. You know it's gonna happen and you know it'll break your heart when it does. But when it actually does happen you're never prepared for the heartbreak because it's always worse than you thought it'd be. So really, "being prepared" makes absolutely no difference whatsoever. He was a beautiful pup. Think of him as Kristi suggested... hanging on 'til you got home so he could say "see you later at the Bridge." But don't cry because it's over... Remember all the fun times and smile because it happened.

LeftyRodriguez

Mu-43 Rookie
This doesn't really fit in with the nature of this forum since it's a smartphone photo, but this is my favorite photo of our dog, Sir Winston Furchill.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom