For the cat lovers (aka "Requisite Kitty Picture")

John King

Member of SOFA
Cameraderie.org or Beaumaris, Melbourne, Australia
Real Name
John ...
Bounce flash off our sloping, stained cathedral ceiling. At ISO 3,200, its quite remarkable what can be achieved with the FL-LM3.

The cats last night:

8145744.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's easy to see how dilated Lizzie's pupils are compared with Rosa's. Lizzie is almost blind in low light now, but she seems to manage OK.

koei

Mu-43 Regular
EM1 MK2 + Sigma 56mm f1.4

P8150692.jpg

P8150705.jpg

P8150752.jpg

P8150702.jpg

P8150762.jpg

palombasso

Mu-43 Veteran
Honorio (4 years yellow male) and Diana ( 1 year white female), get along surprisingly well.

20200611_165811-P1330703.jpg

20200619_153932-P1330961.jpg

20200611_165751-P1330699.jpg

20200606_112048-P1330448.jpg

Bluenose

Mu-43 Regular
Not really an option in this heat. I was more thinking along the lines of: what can be done to educate the butterflies?

After all, both cats and I are above insects in the food chain. We have a God-given right to end the life of lesser creatures, much as God has taken the right to himself to end our lives arbitrarily.

And you can call me an insectist, if you will, for not treating all insects the same...

Sorry. You're still a co-conspirator.
Ha ok. I don’t know what to say other than if you can somehow manage to figure out how to train butterflies, call up National Geographic for your documentary.
In terms of God, isn’t it odd that the world operates exactly as you would expect if there was no God?

Bluenose

Mu-43 Regular
Bounce flash off our sloping, stained cathedral ceiling. At ISO 3,200, its quite remarkable what can be achieved with the FL-LM3.

The cats last night:

View attachment 841332

It's easy to see how dilated Lizzie's pupils are compared with Rosa's. Lizzie is almost blind in low light now, but she seems to manage OK.
That flash is a great upgrade over the old ones that couldn’t bounce or twist
Those cats remind me of stocky Russian Blues
Very handsome

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
That flash is a great upgrade over the old ones that couldn’t bounce or twist
Those cats remind me of stocky Russian Blues
Very handsome
Blue Burmese have either or both British Blue or Russian Blue in their genetic lineage.

Brown Burmese are a cross between seal point Siamese and Havana Brown.

Ours get the agouti gene for red, black and white fur colours and the tortoiseshell bilateral asymmetry from outcrossing a Blue Burmese to a tortoiseshell (experimental sub-register), then breeding back to full register status.

And thank you. They are certainly fine healthy specimens, having survived (so far) to over 20 y.o.

The photo is best viewed at its largest size on mobile devices, otherwise it looks too dark.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Ha ok. I don’t know what to say other than if you can somehow manage to figure out how to train butterflies, call up National Geographic for your documentary.
In terms of God, isn’t it odd that the world operates exactly as you would expect if there was no God?
That's exactly like it is meant to operate.
The rules of the game are being willfully obfuscated. And will change as needed.

As the game is played out on innumerable parallel levels simultaneously, only adds to the complexity of the thing. And makes it so much more interesting.

Also, I'm thinking about the butterfly thing. Something Pavlovian leaps into mind.

But the cats are blameless. They are only operating in defence of what is their territory.
At least they are certain about the rules of their game.

Bluenose

Mu-43 Regular
Blue Burmese have either or both British Blue or Russian Blue in their genetic lineage.

Brown Burmese are a cross between seal point Siamese and Havana Brown.

Ours get the agouti gene for red, black and white fur colours and the tortoiseshell bilateral asymmetry from outcrossing a Blue Burmese to a tortoiseshell (experimental sub-register), then breeding back to full register status.

And thank you. They are certainly fine healthy specimens, having survived (so far) to over 20 y.o.

The photo is best viewed at its largest size on mobile devices, otherwise it looks too dark.
You know your cats certainly! Amazing that they are over 20! Good job on your part!

Bluenose

Mu-43 Regular
That's exactly like it is meant to operate.
The rules of the game are being willfully obfuscated. And will change as needed.

As the game is played out on innumerable parallel levels simultaneously, only adds to the complexity of the thing. And makes it so much more interesting.

Also, I'm thinking about the butterfly thing. Something Pavlovian leaps into mind.

But the cats are blameless. They are only operating in defence of what is their territory.
At least they are certain about the rules of their game.
Fair enough. I find it interesting that no matter the context or event, believers in God can interpret anything to be evidence, or interpret anything to fit exactly into their world view.
Almost as if God was man-made eh?

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Fair enough. I find it interesting that no matter the context or event, believers in God can interpret anything to be evidence, or interpret anything to fit exactly into their world view.
Almost as if God was man-made eh?
I'm actually thinking that you're over-interpreting my tongue in cheek posts.

To clarify: No, I absolutely do not believe in a personal God Entity. Call it God, Allah, Brahma, Odin, or whatever. This would not be in accordance with simple logic.

What I do believe in, on the other hand, is best described by the principle of Yin and Yang, and the Theory of Relativity, which both play really well together with Quantum Mechanics and Chaos Theory. If you try to visualise the consequence of these scientific theories on one page of a book with an infinite number of pages, you are getting closer to my belief system.

Call that believing in God, if you want.

EDIT: But thanks for making me try to verbally formulate this simple belief system of mine!

Last edited:

John King

Member of SOFA
Real Name
John ...
DPA (devout practising atheist) here.

I stand naked in mind and body before the awesome majesty and power of the Universe - of which I am a part, in perpetuity.

I wrote this nearly 20 years ago as I was trying valiantly to die, and all of the staff, both medical and others were desperately trying to save me. I went from 82 kgs to about 56 kgs in about 4 days. That's what having no water or food actually does to a human ...

e%20Universal%20Blessing_Original%20hand%20written.jpg

The%20Universal%20Blessing.jpg

A4 printable version here:

https://www.canopuscomputing.com.au/zen2/albums/Documents/The Universal Blessing.jpg

Bluenose

Mu-43 Regular
I'm actually thinking that you're over-interpreting my tongue in cheek posts.

To clarify: No, I absolutely do not believe in a personal God Entity. Call it God, Allah, Brahma, Odin, or whatever. This would not be in accordance with simple logic.

What I do believe in, on the other hand, is best described by the principles of Yin and Yang, and the Theory of Relativity, which both play really well together with Quantum Mechanics and Chaos Theory. If you try to visualise the consequence of these scientific theories on one page of a book with an infinite number of pages, you are getting closer to my belief system.

Call that believing in God, if you want.

EDIT: But thanks for making me try to verbally formulate this simple belief system of mine!
I have no idea what this means but it’s all good no worries. I think there is only the material existence and absolutely zero non-material components to reality

Latest threads

Top Bottom