For the cat lovers (aka "Requisite Kitty Picture")

panamike

Mu-43 Legend
P1010022.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

docfox

Mu-43 Veteran
Here's lookin' at you, kid!
Lana's Eye.jpg

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
Stormy playing hide and seek.
P1020243C1 3.jpg

docfox

Mu-43 Veteran
Mercedes (calico) and Bentley (tuxedo) spending a tough April day (4-9-20).
Friends LoRes.jpg

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
Contented is ...
14100002.JPG

Macroramphosis

Jack of Spades and an unfeasibly large wheelbarrow
Real Name
Roddy
This is a bit of a cheat, but if you like cats you might appreciate this drawing by my son, Jack, who at one week shy of 18 years old is applying to an arts course at Bordeaux university. School is totally closed here in France, so he and all his peers have completed their portfolios at home, digitized them, and sent them on to their respective selection processes at whatever school they have applied to.

If nothing else, his art just shows me up for what I am, a person with enough money to buy a camera that can take pretty pictures, but whose output will never match the innate artistic talent that resides deep in the right side of some people's brains. Sigh.

IMG_2302.JPG

OldRex

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Mark
One with the force...
14100004.JPG

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
So I went down to our basement to raid our food cache and happened to glance out our basement window and saw this:
P1020264C1.jpg

This is Stormy's mother with another litter. This time instead of the shallow (~1' deep) window well, she chose the egress window which is around 4' deep. Taken with a Pentax M 50mm, 1.7 through the window and screen. Looks like a different father as there's no grey to be seen.

Barking

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Jeff
seahaven110420 (6 of 17).jpg

Timmy, our rescue cat, reaches the grand old age of 13yrs this year. He rarely goes out during the day, so this is one to treasure..

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
So I went down to our basement to raid our food cache and happened to glance out our basement window and saw this:
View attachment 813720

This is Stormy's mother with another litter. This time instead of the shallow (~1' deep) window well, she chose the egress window which is around 4' deep. Taken with a Pentax M 50mm, 1.7 through the window and screen. Looks like a different father as there's no grey to be seen.
Sorry to butt in, I know it's none of my business, strictly speaking, but I'm just a little worried here:

Do you plan on taking in the kittens yourself, or do you have prospective homes lined up for them?

If not, please take her to the vet and get her sterilized!

My bad, I have more empathy for cats, than I have for humans in general. And I hope that I've not insulted you in any way, this is not my intention!

The picture is beautiful, though. No argument about that. And I love that lens, too.

Thanks/Erik

Last edited:

SteveK

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Steve
Sorry to butt in, I know it's none of my business, strictly speaking, but I'm just a little worried here:

Do you plan on taking in the kittens yourself, or do you have prospective homes lined up for them?

If not, please take her to the vet and get her sterilized!

My bad, I have more empathy for cats, than humans in general. And I hope that I've not insulted you in any way, this is not my intention!

The picture is beautiful, though. No argument about that. And I love that lens, too.

Thanks/Erik
No problem Erik. We have been trying to figure out what to do and when. Our vet has already said she will spay her for free if we can catch her. She's a feral cat and I'm not going to reach down there without a full suit of armor!
We need to get animal control involved, we just don't know if it's too soon. They appear to be about a week old.
My wife has a call in to the vet. We'll see what she says.

I took the screen off this morning while she was out. Now that she's back, she has her back to the window. Apparently she's not happy with us watching her!

docfox

Mu-43 Veteran
Steve, I hope you have very good luck with helping mama cat and her kittens. I remember your first post concerning finding and adopting Stormy. You folks did a kind thing then and were rewarded with a beautiful looking pet who is very photogenic! And by the way, your most recent photo of her hiding under a piece of brown paper is wonderful - congratulations. Please let us know how this works out. ?George

A stray living under my neighbor's shed left seven kittens in our basement window well. She eventually came and took all of them except this little one.
View attachment 766405

Jeffp3456

Mu-43 Regular
Lulabelle waiting to pounce (kitchen sink)

XP202145.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom