For the cat lovers (aka "Requisite Kitty Picture")

John King

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Where better to rest one's head? Rosa on Lizzie.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Lizzie on Rosa ...

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Mistress of this World
or:
undeniable mirrorless Charm
FV5_0253-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Holoholo55

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Walter
Time for my contribution. Luna completely relaxed in the afternoon sun on our windowsill. (WB corrected)

Last edited:

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Cookie on one of her 14 different beds (the leather is the back of the sofa)

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
No worries, cats will find their own beds. They're awfully good at that!
She definitely does that! Over the years we’ve tried getting her 2 or 3 cat beds, which she roundly rejects in favour of a cushion or blanket.

Her current favourites are sloping off upstairs and kipping on the kids beds whilst they are doing their schoolwork next to her. It’s very cute but I’m sure she considers them her own now.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
Poor kitty. Only fourteen beds? 😸 I've always thought the legal minimum was twenty beds pro cat, not counting the hoomans bed...
If you include favourite spots on the floor, usually where radiator pipes run to make the floor warm or where the sun coming in through a window makes a cosy location for a snooze, then she is probably up to 20, but they are difficult to categorise as beds. She also has a liking for random carrier bags that end up on the floor... usually she's on them within a few minutes.

OldRex

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Mark
For mine, it is the Wifi, the NAS boxes, any tech that is emitting heat, or alternatively any of the floor vents when winter and we are heating.

CD77

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Chris
For mine, it is the Wifi, the NAS boxes, any tech that is emitting heat, or alternatively any of the floor vents when winter and we are heating.
She does also like to sit on my laptop once I've closed the lid, which we all find amusing because she is usually sleeping when I close and within a couple of minutes she has woken up and moved herself on top of it!

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
She does also like to sit on my laptop once I've closed the lid, which we all find amusing because she is usually sleeping when I close and within a couple of minutes she has woken up and moved herself on top of it!
You can imagine the disappointment of my cat Mismet, who had an absolute favourite spot on top of the old CRT TV, dangling her tail in front of my hockey game, when I finally caved and got me a flat screen...

When I first put the flat in place, I saw her on the floor, in front of it, jiggling her butt about, as they do when preparing a hairy jump. Then she jumped on top of the flat screen, only to promptly fall off the top to the rear... she didn't break, or push anything off anything, but she gave me that "damned traitor" look afterwards. Might be because I laughed my butt off, maybe.

One would expect the cat to gauge the fatness of the new screen before attempting the jump, but, obviously, not done that. Only one time try though. Empirical data is of importance to cats, I think one can deduce.

Erich_H

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Erik
The Top Quark

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom