• Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

COMPLETED For Sale/Trade: Canon 10-18mm or 8-13mm F3.2-4 ... $199!

Buy/Sell feedback for kahren (34)

kahren

Mu-43 Veteran
Description

Canon 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 STM IS (8-13mm F3.2-4 on ef-m2), this lens has been modified to fit the Viltrox e-m2, the rear of the ef-s flange has been removed and properly machined on a lathe, then reinstalled, a limiter also has been added at 11mm (8mm) so the rear element of the lens does not come in contact with the ef-m2 glass. Autofocus works well and is usable, not as quick as native lenses but very close. Optical image stabilization works as well.
The lens is in excellent condition and comes with the original caps, box and papers.
will post some pics this weekend...

If you don't have an ef-m2, and want it with the lens, I can let one go for an extra $110 (i have 2 of them :) (it is in like new condition)
$299 with Ef-M2
$199 net, price includes shipping (lens only)

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Where are you located?

USA

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited:
"Optical image stabilization works as well" Dang! I am going to have check out the Viltrox EF-M2. I already have the O 9-18mm lens so the Canon lens is not of interest to me but Tamron and Sigma have some nice zooms for Canon which I'd love to try. Did you do the lens modifications (machine lathing etc) yourself or did someone do them for you?

tkbslc

Mu-43 Legend
"Optical image stabilization works as well" Dang! I am going to have check out the Viltrox EF-M2. I already have the O 9-18mm lens so the Canon lens is not of interest to me but Tamron and Sigma have some nice zooms for Canon which I'd love to try. Did you do the lens modifications (machine lathing etc) yourself or did someone do them for you?

You would only have to modify Canon branded "EF-S" labelled lenses. They have a design that causes them to protrude into the mount and the speed booster elements are in the way. If you are interested in Tamron or Sigma lenses, then they are designed around the standard EF mount which does not allow rear protrusions. They will fit without modification.

You would only have to modify Canon branded "EF-S" labelled lenses. They have a design that causes them to protrude into the mount and the speed booster elements are in the way. If you are interested in Tamron or Sigma lenses, then they are designed around the standard EF mount which does not allow rear protrusions. They will fit without modification.

Thanks for the info! Now I'm off to BH Photo's site to look at EF lenses ...

Reflector

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Can the limiter be removed from this modified lens? I'm assuming that some kind of screw or something is placed into the zoom cam.

LKD

New to Mu-43
I'm curious about the modifications to the lens. Specifically how do you add a zoom limiter?

kahren

Mu-43 Veteran
there is a little plastic stopper that can be placed under the zoom ring rubber, which can easily be removed later if needed.

Latest threads

Top Bottom