1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

[EXPIRED] For Sale: Strobists: Inexpensive Flash + Ambient Meter | Location: USA | Ships:

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by oldracer, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Strobists: Inexpensive Flash + Ambient Meter

What are your prices?

$30

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?
    Anywhere within reason!

Description

This is an inexpensive little flash meter that came to me in a package of photo equipment. I have used it a little bit but I also have a Gossen LunaPro F that I prefer. The brand is Courtenay and it was made in England.

Using it is very simple. You just set the ISO, then press the red button. If you've plugged your PC cord into the meter, that will fire the flash. If not, just fire the flash manually. After the flash, an LED will light up under the correct major aperture setting like f11, f8, f22, etc. If the light value is between the indicated major aperture, the +1/3 or +2/3 light will illuminate, indicating that the lens should be stopped down an additional 1/3 or 2/3 stop to get the perfect exposure.

The meter will also measure ambient light and, of course, both incident and reflected light for flash and ambient.

The sensor section can be turned through 180 degrees, so it can be pointing towards the back or front of the meter as well as at the top as shown. Very clever. I wish my Gossen had that feature.

The meter is in near-new shape, as you can see from the undamaged instructions silk-screened onto its back. The included case is also in near-new condition. It uses standard 9 volt batteries, not some obscure battery that is expensive or no longer in production. The manual is available on line.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

$8 or actual cost to buyer's address with buyer's choice of carrier. Add $10 for international shipments because I have to take the package to the post office.

Handling time

2 days

References

600+ eBay & good references here.

Additional comments

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.