1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

For Sale: RX1 with EVF (Back with price change)| Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Member Buy, Sell & Trade' started by drd1135, Aug 8, 2016.

1. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

RX1 with EVF

What are your prices?

$1200 for RX1 and EVF, $1100 for RX1 alone.

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

RX1 in very good condition with original box and manuals. Extras include two extra third party batteries and charger, hood, third party grip, and the OEM EVF with case. Lens cap is a Plastic Sony cap.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

included

Handling time

1-2 days

References

This forum and Photographers' Lounge

Additional comments

Open to reasonable offers below asking price, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  2. JonathanF

JonathanF Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Feb 17, 2013
    Great Neck, New York
    Hello,
    Is the Camera a USA Sony or a Grey Market Imported Model Sony?
    On a scale of a 1 to a 10 where 10 is in brand new and in perfect condition how would you rate the Sony Sony RX1 Camera?
    Are there any cracks, dents, scratches, buff or scuff marks, defections, imperfections, dead or hot LCD Screen pixels, or any other problems with the Sony Camera?
    Is the LCD Screen in perfect condition?
    Is the Camera Lens in perfect condition with no fungus or dust particles, etc?
    How many shutter actuations have been taken with the Camera?
    How can I purchase an extended service contract with ADH for the Camera?
    Thank You.
    Jonathan

3. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    You do realize you're buying second hand, right? Grey market and extended warranty probably doesn't apply here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Mu-43 app

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    1. Sony USA
    2. 8 for me.
    3. The best way to judge the body is by the pictures. No major issues that I can see but I can take more pictures if you want. I've never noticed any dead pixels but that doesn't mean there aren't any at all. The LCD has a screen protector on it and looks very clean. I would never describe anything as perfect, however. :)
    4. I can see no flaws with the lens.
    5. There is no easy way to get the shutter actuations from a Sony camera. The info is contained in the EXIF file but is coded. I've never been able to make the online info extractors work but I can try again.
    6. I have no idea about an extended warranty. The original has expired so I guess you'd need to check with third party vendors.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Folks, I'm going to suspend this sale for now. I bought this camera used and I thought the screen protector on the back was an aftermarket addition that I could remove before mailing. The image above of the back of the camera shows what this looks like with the screen on. It turns out that this is an OEM plastic protector attached to the glass of the LCD with a more serious adhesive and has a nasty habit of delaminating from the glass:
    Replacing NEX LCD cover glass
    This looks exactly like the back of my RX1. Fortunately, the RX series all have the same size LCD screen and protector. I can get a new Sony one for about $12 and I can remove the old one with a hair dryer.
    Sony PCK-LM15 LCD Protective Cover for Select Sony PCK-LM15 B&H

This should be no big deal but I want to sort it all out before I try to sell this expensive used camera to someone. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2016
  6. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    OK, the sale is back. Using a hair dryer for a very short time, I was able to pull off the plastic protector to reveal the pristine LCD glass. I will include a replacement Sony protector with the purchase.

I'm also lowering the price to 1200 for the combo camera/evf or 1100 for the RX1 alone.

7. Shebco

Shebco New to Mu-43

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Mar 30, 2016
    Illinois
    Dave
    PM sent