COMPLETED For Sale or Trade: Infrared converted Oly E-300 w/HLD-3 & ME-1. | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by PakkyT, Sep 7, 2015.

1. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale or Trade

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Infrared converted Oly E-300 w/HLD-3 & ME-1.

What are your prices?

$250 $220 $195 $175 $165 $155 $130 $125 or trade for u43 bodies or lenses.

Where are you located?
    USA

Where are you willing to to ship?
    USA

Description

Olympus E-300 dSLR (4/3rds mount) that has been converted to full time 720nm Infrared photography.

Included will be the following:
    • Oly HLD-3 battery grip
    • Oly ME-1 Magnified Eyecup
    • original rubber eyecup
    • 1 Olympus branded Battery
    • 1 third party battery
    • 1 third party charger
    • 8GB Sandisk Ultra Compact Flash memory card
    • 2GB industrial grade CF memory card
    • Olympus Neck Strap
    I don't have an original Olympus charger to include but I assume anyone buying this will already has one. Likewise, no lens is included, although if someone really needs one, I have a "mark I" version of the old 40-150mm I could include for a small price.

Shutter count shows in the hidden menu as 015675

The grip has a repaired lock lever on the bottom (this is the way I received it). See the white button shown in the photos. So it sticks out rather than being recessed into the body. I actually never used the grip in the several years I used this camera, so merely passing it on to the next buyer.

The ME-1 magnified eyecup is shown mounted in the photo. If it isn't your cup of tea (not a lot of eye relief for glasses wearers), the original rubber eyecup (really just a small rectangle piece of rubber) is included. ME-1 increases magnification of the viewfinder by 1.2x. It will also work on the E-3 and E-30 cameras.

The camera itself is in good condition but does have a few very minor paint scratches and dings. But I think the photos speak for themselves. And specific questions, please let me know.

OK so on to the fun stuff. This camera is converted to full time infrared photography. No external filter is requires and you can use it like a normal camera (hand held shooting works great and you do not need a tripod or long exposure times). You do need to learn a few basics in editing to get the most from your photos, but it isn't that hard.

My main Flickr album for my infrared shots is here...
    https://flic.kr/s/aHsjogD685
    The first ones are from my (new to me) converted E-P2 (hence the reason for this sale). After that there are a LOT of examples of this E-300 at work (and old Oly C-2020Z IR shots towards the end).

So if you are looking for something new to try to breath a little new life into your photography, give IR shooting a try.

Will consider trades for micro-4/3rds bodies later than the E-P2 and u43 lenses (very interested in the Oly 45mm/1.8).

Payment accepted
    Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method
    USPS Priority Mail

Shipping charge
    Shipping included in price.

Handling time
    1-2 days, but usually I will ship the next day if possible.

References
    eBay user name ptimlin (100% positive feedback over 419 times since 1998).

Additional comments
    Open to reasonable offers below asking price, Buyer must have a PayPal confirmed address, Will only ship to the address indicated on PayPal payment

Acknowledgement
    I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

P9074827.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  2. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Sept 14 - Price drop from $250 to $220
    Sept 21 - Price drop from $220 to $195
    Sept 28 - Price drop from $195 to $175
    Oct 5 - Price drop from $175 to $165
    October 14th - price drop from $165 to $155
    October 20th - price drop from $155 to $130

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015
  3. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Who wants to shoot IR????? Come one, I know you want to.

4. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Price drop from $130 to $125.

5. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Am offering a money back trial period if you are interested but not sure. Basically you buy, I ship, then after you receive the package you have one full week to play with the camera. If you change your mind you can ship it back to me and I will refund the full price.

Terms: We both eat our shipping costs. Everything must be returned in the same shape you received it and I expect the return package to be packed as well as I packed it when shipping it (I am a very good packer). I suggest retaining and reusing the packing I used to ship to you.

Still interested in trades. If anyone has an Oly 45mm/1.8 u43 lens I am offering this IR converted camera plus $125. Also interested in straight up trades for Pen bodies with 16MP sensors (E-PM2, E-P3+, E-PL5+) depending on which model and what's included.

Thanks

6. Speedliner

Speedliner Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Mar 2, 2015
    Southern NJ, USA
    Rob
    tempting, but I only have two big 4/3 lenses. Would want wider options for this.

7. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

0   0   0

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Ya the reason I prefer an infrared converted body rather than using a filter on the lens, besides being able to shoot IR handheld, I can use any lens with it including a fisheye lens that does not have the ability to add a filter easily. I also have used a number of old OM legacy lenses on it as well with a simple OM-43 adapter. It is nice to have more than one or two lens options.