1. Please note: A site subscription is required to start a new listing in our Buy & Sell forum. There is an option to subscribe for a month for $5 if you would like to sell something without a longer subscription.

All transactions (buy, sell, and trade) in the Buy & Sell forum are strictly at your own risk. Mu-43.com and its owner are not affiliated with anyone buying, selling, or trading on the board. We are not liable for any misrepresentation, fraud or spam posted here. The remainder of our Buy & Sell forum rules are in the Site Terms of Service, which you can read here: https://www.mu-43.com/help/terms

For Sale: Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 (made in Japan) + m4/3 adapter | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Member Buy, Sell & Trade' started by sesser, Nov 27, 2018.

1. sesser

sesser Zen Master Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Olympus OM 50mm f1.8 (made in Japan) + m4/3 adapter

What are your prices?

$50

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

I've sold most of my OM gear including my only bodies and I've decided to stick solely to AF lenses. So this needs to go. This is the "made in Japan" version of the lens which is reported to perform "better" wide open. It does perform better than previous version, for sure, but it's not like shooting the O25 f1.8 wide open; it's still a little soft and prone to purple fringing. Doesn't mean you can't get usable images from it wide open though. I'll attach a couple samples.

I can't find any pics of the lens at the moment, but I do have some... somewhere. I would say it's in KEH Ex condition, conservatively. There's not much wear/brassing on the lens barrel that I can see; paint on the letters/numbers are bright and look new. Front and rear elements are void of any scratches/marks. There is some dust inside which is fairly common and shouldn't affect IQ. Focusing mechanism, aperture ring and blades all work properly (solid clicks on the aperture; focus is smooth and dampened).

If you want/need pics of the lens, I can take a couple when I get a chance and post them here. Lens comes with front cap, m4/3 adapter and m4/3 rear cap (OM rear cap available for additional $5).

$50 Shipped to your door in the CONUS.

Sample Images
    One was taken on a FF camera, the other was m4/3.

DSC05212_EX4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

^ Wide open on a Sony A7II
    EM140008_EX4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

^ I believe this shot at f2.8 on an E-M1

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

Shipping included to CONUS

Handling time

1-2 days

References

sesser on FM, iduh on eBay

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers, Open to reasonable offers below asking price

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
  2. sesser

sesser Zen Master Subscribing Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

Mar 10, 2015
    Portland, OR
    randy
    Bump, $50?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.