COMPLETED For Sale: Olympus OM 135/3.5 Tele Lens w/ Case, Excellent | Location: USA | Ships: USA

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by darrellc, Oct 23, 2015.

1. darrellc

darrellc Mu-43 Regular

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Aug 21, 2012
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Olympus OM 135/3.5 Tele Lens w/ Case, Excellent

What are your prices?

Where are you located?

USA

Where are you willing to to ship?

USA

Description

Excellent condition, bought from KEH in August 2015 for $65 in LN- condition (Like New Minus 1 condition on their scale). Includes the original case. Still has the QA stickers ("Passed. Made in Japan") in pristine condition, which gives some indication it was rarely used. There are very minor marks here and there that distinguish it from new-in-box. Definitely 9 to 9+. Focus and aperture rings operate smoothly, vastly better for MF than modern AF focus by wire lenses.

Note that the lens mount release wasn't working after receipt. For a $65 item, rather than return it I took the rear mount off and found that the spring that opposes the mount release had broken off. I super glued it back in place. You can see in the picture on my listing over on FredMiranda.com. There were two small plastic pins holding it in place in the two holes (you can kind of see where it sheared off in the left hole). Not very inspiring design/build quality for that piece.

Listing with pictures (and you can see my feedback) over at FredMiranda at http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1393930

Front lens cap in picture is worn. I swapped with another one of my 49mm OM lenses for the pics. I have a cleaner front cap, I'll include instead.

Price includes paypal fees and shipping/handling to CONUS via USPS Priority.

Selling as I've got the FE 70-200/4 now, and will keep just one fast prime in the 90-135 range and this one is too slow. IQ is pretty good, with CA, loss of contrast and all the usual suspects wide open, but improves tremendously one stop down and then looks great.

I've got some other OM lenses I'm planning to sell shortly, in case you're interested in putting together a bigger OM lineup - a very clean 21/3.5, 24/2.8 (undecided if I'm selling this one, really like my copy) and a more used but still functionally very good 100/2.8.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (fee included in price)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

Handling time

1-2 business days

References

FredMiranda: darrellc

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.