For Sale: Leica 50mm Summilux v2 E43 (pre-ASPH) | Location: AUS | Ships:

Discussion in 'Member Buy, Sell & Trade' started by nickthetasmaniac, Jun 28, 2016.

1. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

Jan 11, 2011
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Leica 50mm Summilux v2 E43 (pre-ASPH)

What are your prices?

Where are you located?

Where are you willing to to ship?

Hi all,

I am selling my 50mm Summilux. It is a v2 E43 and the serial number indicates it was made in 1989. I have only owned this lens for a few months, and bought it off a long-time member at rangefinderforum.

I've been quiet here lately but a member since 2011. I also have sales and posting history at fourthirdsphoto, pentaxforums, photographerslounge and rangefinderforum under the same username.

The lens will be in Sydney for the rest of the week and then Tasmania. If any locals would like to see it in the flesh contact me and we can try and work something out.

Given this is a mFT forum I will include a barely used Metabones Leica M - MFT adapter.

Reason for sale:
    As nice as it is I just can't justify it. The Nokton will have to do.

What's in the box:
    - Leica 50mm Summilux
    - Leica vented lens hood ('12586' version - reversible)
    - Leica 54mm plastic lens cap ('14163' - fits over the reversed hood)
    - Generic 43mm plastic lens cap
    - Leica plastic rear lens cap ('14269')
    - Metabones M-MFT adapter

- Lens:
    Optically very good. No haze, fungus or seperation. No oil on aperture blades. Some internal dust. Front and rear elements are very good with no scratches or cleaning marks.
    Mechanically very good. Focus moves smoothly with perfect damping and no mechanical play. Aperture ring is not as tight as I would like (compared to my 90mm Tele-Elmarit) but moves cleanly. Aperture blades snap into each stop without any resistance. Lens perfectly brings up the 50mm framelines on my M2.
    Cosmetically very good. Some paint wear on the focus and aperture rings, and around the front of the lens where the hood clips on. No scratches/dents etc.

- Hood:
    Good condition. Assorted paint wear, rubs and minor scratches. As is usual with vented hoods, it is very slightly 'out of round' (not enough to show in photos), but does not intrude into the frame at all.

- 54mm lens cap:
    Good condition. Assorted marks and scratches. Functions exactly as intended.

- 43mm lens cap.

- Rear lens cap.

- Adapter.
    Excellent condition, barely used.

- Paypal preferred, buyer pays fees.
    - I will accept direct bank transfer from Australian buyers but obviously this does not provide any buyer protection. I will not ship until payment has cleared.

- AusPost. Insurance is recommended but it's your choice (and risk).
    - Shipping included within Australia, inquire for elsewhere.
    - I will not adjust the price for overseas customs, sorry.

I will accept returns if the item is not as described.

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option), Bank transfer (no buyer protection)

Shipping method

Australia Post

Shipping charge

Included within Australia. Inquire for other locations.

Handling time

2-3 days

Same user name at pentaxforums, fourthirdsphoto, photographerslounge and rangefinderforum

Additional comments

Open to reasonable offers below asking price

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.