1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

For Sale items

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Iansky, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    I have noticed we are suddenly starting to get a lot of GF1's and associated lenses appearing on the For Sale part, some of them at incredible prices.

Is this just a pre-Christmas clear out or could it be people are trying to get some cash together to update / consolidate their kit, if so, I wonder how many of these GF1 sellers are considering the new GX1?

Just wondering as I have not seen this many items for sale all at the same time before :confused:

2. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    If the assumption is correct, the gx1 is going to be a huge hit for Panasonic, and probably rightly so. I won't be parting with my gf1 in a hurry but I'd still like to see the gx1 really do well as it would go a very long way in encouraging Panasonic to continue further investment and development of enthusiast level rangefinder-esque bodies.

3. Based on what now appears to be the current accepted norm for a camera's usable life I expect that this is the second owner's liquidation of old stock...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    I switch between single shot and exposure bracketing too often and the elimination of that on the top dial is a deal breaker for me. Also, I think it's smaller size is unnecessary (and unwelcome) and then the bigger, kludgier grip. Maybe I should scoop up an extra gf1!

5. Iansky

Iansky Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    The Cotswolds, UK
    Inconvenience

I must agree as I also do that from time to time as well as using the self timer for low light - easy on the GF1 top dial, now all menu driven so not as good / practical to my mind.

6. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I see more G3's for sale. Mine was up waaayy earlier, but no bites. Unless you drop it down to <$300, which digitalandfilm did.

7. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    Maybe you didn't look closely at the listing. $350 is definitely more than $300, but you're right, there are a number of G3s for sale at the moment. It's that time of the year where people need a little extra cash (and also the time of year that people are considering buying new gear).

8. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    I think the used market may be a bit soft because a lot of potential buyers are waiting to see what crazy sale prices might pop on Black Friday/Cyber Monday as well.

9. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Nov 7, 2010
    Seller ended up with closer to $300 than $350 in his pocket after fees. I would think he could've netted at least $50 more here, and avoid ebay altogether (which is nice).

Crazy price for the G3 either way. Guess I'll be keeping mine....

10. apicius9

apicius9 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I also found the GF2 offers here very appealing and picked one up - very happy so far, I think all of the mentioned ones are great values at these prices. Now I am too broke for Black Friday, but except for the 100-300mm I am not lusting for anything right now, and I am not in a hurry with that one either. Whale seasons hasn't started, yet ...

Stefan

11. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 11, 2011
    I dunno but the GX1 hits all the right buttons for me. I almost bought a GF1 when new but was turned off simply by the slipperiness of the grip (fixed) and the average performance of the 12mp sensor (fixed).

I'll be getting one as soon as they begin to hit the For Sale forums (so perhaps 6 months...) :smile: