1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

COMPLETED For Sale: Infrared modified Olympus E-PL2 | Location: CAN | Ships: World

Discussion in 'Completed Listings' started by RenaudVL, Nov 29, 2015.

1. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Mar 21, 2011
    What type of listing is this?

For Sale

What are you trying to sell/buy/trade?

Infrared modified Olympus E-PL2

What are your prices?

Where are you located?

CAN

Where are you willing to to ship?

World

Description

Hello,
    I have a infrared modified Olympus E-PL2.
    Silver body with black leather skin.

Note: This is a re-post. Previous buyer tried it with a FV-4 and didn't worked. The accessory port is an older version and accept only the VF-2. Which work great, I have tested it with mine...

After farther research and testing it seems like the FV-4 and other accessories should work.
    But they don't, I have also tested with one of the small flash that connect to the accessory port and it didn't work.

So bottom line is only the VF-2 work on this port... Which could be all you really need in my opinion...

Conversion is with a Hoya R72 filter inside the camera.

Complete with battery, charger and USB cable.

See pictures taken with it...

2015-11-06%2016.27.49_zpsniconlxg.jpg
    [​IMG]
    2015-11-06%2016.28.32_zpsma0zyrcl.jpg
    2015-11-06%2016.28.40_zpspc2itoke.jpg
    Barque2_zpsvi0k83on.jpg

Payment accepted

Regular PayPal (buyer adds 3% for this option), Personal/Gift PayPal (violates PayPal policy and no buyer protection)

Shipping method

USPS Priority

Shipping charge

At cost from Canada

Handling time

48h

References

Here

Additional comments

Not open to trade offers

Acknowledgement

I have read and agree to the Buy and Sell rules.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  2. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Mar 21, 2011
    After farther research and testing it seems like the FV-4 and other accessories should work.
    But they don't, I have also tested with one of the small flash that connect to the accessory port and it didn't work.

So bottom line is only the VF-2 work on this port... Which could be all you really need in my opinion...

3. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Mar 21, 2011
    Bump, open to offers

4. agnieszka

agnieszka Mu-43 Regular

0   0   0

May 1, 2015
    Central Coast, NSW Australia
    Agnieszka
    Hi,

I'm quite interested - if i may ask a couple of questions related to the product (i believe they are allowed according to the rules?)

1) FV-4 and VF-2: i'm not familiar with these acronyms, can you explain a little what this means? i'm guessing something to do with the rangefinder? can i use this camera without a VF-2?

2) I am familiar with IR photography using a lens filter but not as converted camera - will this camera require any other accessories to take IR images, or do i just attach my regular lens, insert SD and battery and off i go?

Thanks.

5. RenaudVL

RenaudVL Mu-43 Veteran

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Mar 21, 2011
    Hello,

You can ask all the question you want...
    The VF-2 and VF-4 are the actual viewfinder that attaches to the accessory port of the camera and that are inserted in the flash shoe on top of the body.
    The FV-2 is an older version and for some reason the only one that seem to be working on this one...
    Electronic Viewfinder VF-2 (Black) | Olympus
    Olympus Electronic Viewfinder VF-4 | Olympus

You don't absolutely need the viewfinder to use the camera, all the shots I took with it were taken without it. In some situation it is hader to see on the viewscreen but most of the time I was ok.

In this case the filter is inside the camera so no need to add one to the lens it is an Hoya R72 filter. The camera shoots handheld like any other, autofocus and metering work like any other camera. No other accessories needed.

I will send you in private the shipping cost

Last edited: Dec 8, 2015